Vu+solo2

Scottd83

Hi,

Im a real newb to all this but have recently set up a sky5s for the bedroom and will be purchasing a twin tuner for the living room.
I'm thinking of buying the vu solo2 after hearing good things! however I don't really understand all the jargon lol e.g firmware and all that.
could someone very kind help me out and talk me through what this box will do and what I'd need to do.

thanks would be so much appreciated.

the good thing about these boxes is once they are set up you do not have to do anything.i personaly recomend the vix image aftewr testing almost all of them.
1. autoboquets scans your channels and creates a channel list in 90 seconds it will even do it to the correct region. this is already installed you just need to do the scan and configure it to update evrey day
2. 7 day epg (auto updates evreyday)
3. on demand player itv,and bbc
4. rats picon updater
5. i have my power timer set to do a restart evreydyi then go into standby this keeps the tmp memory clear
6. also file swap as the 7 day epg is a demanding app however if you use this it works flawlsley.

thats about all you need really apart from a media player if you wish various ones avaliable in the download section of vix.

the good thing about these boxes is once they are set up you do not have to do anything.i personaly recomend the vix image aftewr testing almost all of them.
1. autoboquets scans your channels and creates a channel list in 90 seconds it will even do it to the correct region. this is already installed you just need to do the scan and configure it to update evrey day
2. 7 day epg (auto updates evreyday)
3. on demand player itv,and bbc
4. rats picon updater
5. i have my power timer set to do a restart evreydyi then go into standby this keeps the tmp memory clear
6. also file swap as the 7 day epg is a demanding app however if you use this it works flawlsley.

thats about all you need really apart from a media player if you wish various ones avaliable in the download section of vix.

so apart from the watching sly tv what else to do these boxes do? also is there a complete newb set up guide?

it depends
you can watch dvds
play music
however, the main purpose is to watch T.V.

Back