VU UNO 4KSE losing web interface plug-in over night

Hi I have an odd problem with this receiver. It has worked fine for quite sometime with Open ATV 6.4 with Wooshbuild. Then the receiver did some odd things, it would lose the Web interface plug-in and if I try to reload the plug in the receiver crashes. I have to reinstall the whole software again and this reinstates the plug-in. Then after a day or so it happens again, also when I bring the receiver out of standby, it should normally come straight on but it doesn’t, it sometimes seems to boot from scratch with the Open ATV logo start up. I have flashed the receiver with Open VIX as well and it does the same thing. Just thinking perhaps it’s a flash memory fault. Has anyone had this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Hi I have an odd problem with this receiver. It has worked fine for quite sometime with Open ATV 6.4 with Wooshbuild. Then the receiver did some odd things, it would lose the Web interface plug-in and if I try to reload the plug in the receiver crashes. I have to reinstall the whole software again and this reinstates the plug-in. Then after a day or so it happens again, also when I bring the receiver out of standby, it should normally come straight on but it doesn’t, it sometimes seems to boot from scratch with the Open ATV logo start up. I have flashed the receiver with Open VIX as well and it does the same thing. Just thinking perhaps it’s a flash memory fault. Has anyone had this issue?
Thanks in advance.
Never heard of this before. Does webif open on your PC/laptop?
The plugin in the plugin list is only for configuration purposes, it may still be installed but not showing in the list.
Next time it disappears, try it on the pc and see if it opens

I normally use my iPad to view the webpage so I can check timings and recording etc. When the plug-in disappears then I can’t access the web page but the network port is open. I was wondering if there is anyway to disable the on board flash and use an external usb.
Thanks

Check openwebif is enabled and the port is on 80.

Menu-Plugins hit ok on open webif and check the settings

I normally use my iPad to view the webpage so I can check timings and recording etc. When the plug-in disappears then I can’t access the web page but the network port is open. I was wondering if there is anyway to disable the on board flash and use an external usb.
Thanks
One of the configuration settings concerns access from vpn's, is there a VPN in use on either device?

The web interface plug-in disappears from the plug-in list so I can’t check that anyway, there is also the other 2 weird aspects regarding the booting up and crashing if I try to reload plug-in download when it has lost the web interface plug-in

The web interface plug-in disappears from the plug-in list so I can’t check that anyway, there is also the other 2 weird aspects regarding the booting up and crashing if I try to reload plug-in download when it has lost the web interface plug-in
Go to plugins downloads on the Vix Image

And download openwebif again reboot and see if it sticks, i would bother with wooshbuild it should be layed to rest.

I have already flashed using VIX image and has the same issues
I think the installation of webif is corrupted, there may be a way to remove all components of it and reinstall, but I'm thinking something is being left behind and causing the same problem with each installation.
Remove the plugin.
Reboot.
Check that it's definitely not installed.
Download and install it again to see if it's any better

I think the installation of webif is corrupted, there may be a way to remove all components of it and reinstall, but I'm thinking something is being left behind and causing the same problem with each installation.
Remove the plugin.
Reboot.
Check that it's definitely not installed.
Download and install it again to see if it's any better
Ok thanks I will try that when I can get a chance

When I updated to the VIX image it automatically downloads the open web interface itself and all works ok till it loses the plug in
Try this in telnet

opkg remove —force-depends enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif

opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif

Should remove all traces of openwebif

Back