Vu+ zero won't flash new image

superfan

I've been trying to flash a new image on to my vu zero but when I put the USB stick in and switch the box on nothing happens, I just get the continuous white light as if the box was powered on normally.
It's been a few years since I last flashed it but I never had this issue before, I've tried a couple of USB sticks but no joy, would anyone have any advice on where I might be going wrong?

Does it boot into its current image ? If so what image is that ?

Have you extracted the image and send the folder to a fast32 formatted stick.

You may struggle with usb sticks over 8gig

1. Download the USB version of any image.

2. Unrar and send the vuplus folder to your USB stick.

3. Turn off the power at the plug . Insert your USB stick in the USB port.

4. Turn back on the power.

Open atv 6.3, yes it is booting to the current image.
I've done all the things you've listed but no joy.
Thanks for replying btw
Do you have usb or hard drive permanently mounted in device if so you could try online flash without restoring settings

Another outdated image is 6.3.
Some Usb are not seen and try another make.
Kingston , San Disk , Cruzer , Intergral of 8gb work.

Another outdated image is 6.3.
Some Usb are not seen and try another make.
Kingston , San Disk , Cruzer , Intergral of 8gb work.
yes out dated so is 6.4 up to 7.2 all EOL current image is 7.3 but I think he could flash online from 6.3 to 6.4 then from 6.4 to 7.3 but you cannot restore settings

You have 2 USB ports on the Zero so mount a usb stick in one on those ports and then as urie says try the flash online method in sequence to the latest 7.3

Thanks for all the replies folks.
The problem I have is, the box seems to be stuck loading open atv 6.3 now every time I turn it on, I just get a constant spinning ball in the top left corner and nothing happens. I installed the dreamsat panel on it the other night and then tried to install linuxsat new channel list but it was taking an eternity so I rebooted the box and ever since it seems to be stuck, hopefully it isn't RIP.
I'll try and get my hands on one of the suggested USB sticks and have another go.

Ahh that panel was probably py3 and your image py2.

Yeah your going to have to sort it via USB Flashing. Try using HP Format tool to format the usb stick you have the smaller the stick the better.

Is that a different/better way than formatting it the usual way by just right clicking on it on the laptop?
It was a app that was banded about when VU boxes first appeared on the scene. Ive always used it.

These boxes are picky with formatting and usb type. It better to use a small none usb3 type stick.

I think superfan may have followed some of my instructions but the dreamsat panel telnet line i gave should work on python 2 and 3. It only works with full fhd skins but if a bad skin from the plugins menu has been selected it could possibly cause problems.

I present to you a new Plugin DreamSatPanel version 1.0 for the forum. It contains 4 months of free servers: OSCAM+NCAM+mgcamd+CCcam

Works only on FHD Skin

And running on PY2 and PY3

to activate the server please type 14 digit

and the user name

and click activate

Code
wget -q "--no-check-certificate" http://ipkinstall.ath.cx/ipk-install/DreamSatPanel/installer.sh -O - | /bin/sh

I think superfan may have followed some of my instructions but the dreamsat panel telnet line i gave should work on python 2 and 3. It only works with full fhd skins but if a bad skin from the plugins menu has been selected it could possibly cause problems.
No worries at all mate I had no problem trying out what you suggested and appreciated your advice.(y)

It was a app that was banded about when VU boxes first appeared on the scene. Ive always used it.

These boxes are picky with formatting and usb type. It better to use a small none usb3 type stick.
Yes but hp format tool was one of the first programs that you could make bootable usb with, at the time years back yes just used for formatting usb thumbdrive the basic version . But eventually don't know if it was hacked or not but then you could select msdos to make bootable usb this was not available in normal version.

One of the easiest problems, many times overlooked was to open the file and look to see is the file called force, or no force, it should be called force.

Thanks I will check that later.
Are you downloading the correct image?
What image are you downloading?
If you have downloaded more than one, make sure your pc/laptop isn't renaming them with (1) or (2) etc as it does with duplicate files of the same name

Back