WALMART Greeter

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
WAL-MART SENIOR GREETER

Young people forget that we old people had a career before we retired......

greeter1.jpg

Charley, a new retiree-greeter at Wal-Mart, just couldn't seem to get to work on time.
Every day he was 5, 10, 15 minutes late. But he was a good worker, really tidy, clean-shaven, sharp-minded and a real credit to the company and obviously demonstrating their "Older Person Friendly" policies.

One day the boss called him into the office for a talk.
"Charley, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic, you do a bang-up job when you finally get here; but your being late so often is quite bothersome."
"Yes, I know boss, and I am working on it."
"Well good, you are a team player. That's what I like to hear.
Yes sir, I understand your concern and Ill try harder.

Seeming puzzled, the manager went on to comment, It's odd though your coming in late. I know you're retired from the Armed Forces What did they say to you there if you showed up in the morning so late and so often?"

The old man looked down at the floor, then smiled.
He chuckled quietly, then said with a grin, "They usually saluted and said, Good morning, Admiral, can I get you coffee, sir?

greeter2.jpg

;)

-​

Very funny. Reminds me of one of the greeters / workers I had known when I worked at Wal-Mart at the garden center. He had owned and retired from several business....as well as being a WWII bomber crew veteran. One day at work, he came to me and told me of an encounter he had while greeting people as they left the store. He was talking to one lady, and she had mentioned that she was from Germany. They somehow got to discussing growing up, and she had mentioned to him that she grew up in the city of Hamburg, and that she spent alot of time in the air raid shelters as a little girl to escape the allied bombers.

He told me he didn't have the heart to tell her, that he was in one of the bombers that was flying over Hamburg during that time. He told me, "What do I say to her. Glad I didn't kill you, and you survived, because you seem like a nice lady?"

Back