Want to upgrade my PC

What make SSD did you go for?

Why did you choose the Intel I5 3550 over the 2500K?

So you won't be gaming I see?

Finally, what wast it about that Motherboard that made you choose it over the orther?

Last edited:
What make SSD did you go for? OCZ agility 120 gb SSD

Why did you choose the Intel I5 3550 over the 2500K? Sounded faster i guess. lol

So you won't be gaming I see? I thought about gaming but thought nah cant be having that - i'd spend most of my time gaming and at the old age of 23 going on 24 i think gaming is beyond me LMAO

Finally, what wast it about that Motherboard that made you choose it over the orther? It was relatively the same with a few differences

CW Systems is going to build the machine for me. All within a decent budget.

Its not too bad though the motherboard. Couldn't really see much defining difference. Is the M/Board not good enough? What's your opinion?

Last edited:
I was thinking the SSD was OCZ @ 120GB. Most other manufactures run with the 128GB.

Personally I would much prefer Samsung or the Crucial M4 as the SSD choice but that's just me.

Nothing wrong with that Mobo, I was just being curious as to what it was about it that made you choose it.

You list is pretty vague when it comes to detail jv, are you in Banking lol

You list a 1TB HDD.... What make and spindle speeds is it?

I was thinking the SSD was OCZ @ 120GB. Most other manufactures run with the 128GB.

Personally I would much prefer Samsung or the Crucial M4 as the SSD choice but that's just me.

Nothing wrong with that Mobo, I was just being curious as to what it was about it that made you choose it.

You list is pretty vague when it comes to detail jv, are you in Banking lol

You list a 1TB HDD.... What make and spindle speeds is it?

There you go;

Intel i5 Package - Supply, Build and Test Intel i5 PC Package with the following Specification:

Intel i5 3550, Gigabyte z77 Motherboard, 8 GB corsair vengeance black 1600mhz Ram, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 1TB Seagate SATA III Hard drive, Samsung DVD RW, Coolermaster CM690 White Tower chassis, 750w OCZ 80 plus Power supply.

Ah right i was getting worried then that my decision over the Motherboard was not good enough - you can tell decision making is not my strong point when it comes to computer components. Itrust your knowledge and experience in this field.

As for the banking nope i aint in to Banking lol

That build will be fine but if it were mine I'd change the SSD. Best of luck with it jv (y)

That build will be fine but if it were mine I'd change the SSD. Best of luck with it jv (y)

It's all under warranty anyway "Super" Gman (y) I'll keep the SSD i'll learn this way about upgrades and components :) Future upgrades would prob be processor, ram and ssd drive. As for now thats my shopping done

Thanks for all the advice and time.

Supply, Build and Test Intel i5 PC Package

How are they going to test it jv? I don't see any OS on your shopping list? lol

The company you ran with "CW Systems", are they based in Nottingham?

I don't know of them but if it is them they would seriously need to look at the structure of their Website. It has to be one of the worst I've come across. If it is them I can see why you didn't want to change the SSD, the OCZ appears to be the only one they stock????

Did you do the deed via phone? because if you were able to navigate their site you are very special indeed ;)

How are they going to test it jv? I don't see any OS on your shopping list? lol

The company you ran with "CW Systems", are they based in Nottingham?

I don't know of them but if it is them they would seriously need to look at the structure of their Website. It has to be one of the worst I've come across. If it is them I can see why you didn't want to change the SSD, the OCZ appears to be the only one they stock????

Did you do the deed via phone? because if you were able to navigate their site you are very special indeed ;)

Thats for them to test it - prob will install windows os and then format the hard drive when its sent out.

Contact was done through via eBay - he does have very good feedback and is reliable. Anyway if anything dodgy happens i am covered by eBay and PayPal

I do agree - that website is awful! Even i could do something way better than that in less than 5 hours.

He said the OCZ was one offer currently, and yes they are from Notts.

I'm sure it will be fine jv, you won't know yourself when it's up and running. (y)

I'm sure it will be fine jv, you won't know yourself when it's up and running. (y)

cant wait to get it - going to take a week due to ALOT of customers asking for him to get custom built pcs built for them. Trust me i've interrogated users on eBay and checked them out haha. Months of surveillance. :)

When i get it will post the report on the build -try getting some speed times posted on here and the overall windows rating.

WOW Absolutely flying here with the new machine. Installed windows OS in 5mins from the USB - Didnt realise it re started in 5 secs. By the way i cant see the secondary HDD listed in my computer - shows up in device manager though - how do i enable it in my computer?

Snapshot.jpg

Do i need to go in to BIOS and enable the HDD from there? Help needed - Super Gman where you hiding? lol

Last edited:
Just a final thought jv,

The fact that you are not purchasing the machine with an Operating System, I just thought I would make you aware of a couple of things you may not already know.

1. Enable AHCI SATA mode in the UEFI/BIOS (absolutely imperative when using an SSD).

2. When you or your friend are installing the OS on the SSD it is advisable to have no other hard drive connected. In your case you should disconnect the 1TB storage drive prior to the OS installation. You can re-connect it once the OS installation has completed.

3. You should receive a motherboard driver disc with your machine. It is very important that you install the chip-set drivers, the audio drivers, the video drivers & the network drivers immediately after the OS is installed. Make sure to do this jv, Windows most likely will install native drivers during the OS install process but it is vital that you install the correct drivers for your motherboard in order to avoid any conflicts and to ensure you get the absolute best from your new animal ;)

Last edited:
I do agree - that website is awful! Even i could do something way better than that in less than 5 hours.

Why not try this site?? looks like it could do with a helping hand mate

Code:
http://www.mjcoder.co.uk/

Just a final thought jv,

The fact that you are not purchasing the machine with an Operating System, I just thought I would make you aware of a couple of things you may not already know.

1. Enable AHCI SATA mode in the UEFI/BIOS (absolutely imperative when using an SSD).

2. When you or your friend are installing the OS on the SSD it is advisable to have no other hard drive connected. In your case you should disconnect the 1TB storage drive prior to the OS installation. You can re-connect it once the OS installation has completed.

3. You should receive a motherboard driver disc with your machine. It is very important that you install the chip-set drivers, the audio drivers, the video drivers & the network drivers immediately after the OS is installed. Make sure to do this jv, Windows most likely will install native drivers during the OS install process but it is vital that you install the correct drivers for your motherboard in order to avoid any conflicts and to ensure you get the absolute best from your new animal ;)

Thanks for the heads-up Gman. He will do the AHCI SATA Mode - once i get i will just unplug the cable wire that goes in to the motherboard/HDD and install windows to ensure it goes smoothly then straight away install the motherboard drivers. I had a problem once like that before - conflicting drivers.

Why not try this site?? looks like it could do with a helping hand mate

Code:
http://www.mjcoder.co.uk/

Yes wheelo - thanks for the reminder. I need to get cracking on with my own website. Will make a move on it during Ramadan to pass the time. Work commitments at the moment are just hectic. Doing like 5 things at once during the day, and there's women saying we men can't multi-task. lol

when your installing your OS on a ahci sata hdd, best way to is to use a USB to install the OS. ive had issues with XP/7/Vista detecting the Disc Drive but Bios will detect it. Sometimes having corrupt installations/files but when using a USB, i got 0 problems.

when your installing your OS on a ahci sata hdd, best way to is to use a USB to install the OS. ive had issues with XP/7/Vista detecting the Disc Drive but Bios will detect it. Sometimes having corrupt installations/files but when using a USB, i got 0 problems.

Much quicker to install OS with a USB - Whats the quickest way in creating a ISO image and then run it from the USB? Dont want to sit around for an hour or so waiting for OS to install from DVD disc. I get my PC today - as were speaking its in the process of being delivered.. well on the road :) (y)

Much quicker to install OS with a USB - Whats the quickest way in creating a ISO image and then run it from the USB? Dont want to sit around for an hour or so waiting for OS to install from DVD disc. I get my PC today - as were speaking its in the process of being delivered.. well on the road :) (y)

If its Windows 7 your wishing to install on your new PC then you can check this out:

Code:
http://emea.microsoftstore.com/UK/en-GB/Service-Centre/Windows-7-USB-DVD-Download-Tool

PC has arrived - mum has locked the front room door so cant get my PC - meantime making the ISO so can install OS from USB - The wait goes on to get hold of the PC - Agonising! AGGGHHHH!

right managed to get my secondary HDD 1TB showing up now VOILA!

Here is the beast :)

IMG_0366.jpgIMG_0367.jpgIMG_0368.jpgIMG_0369.jpgIMG_0370.jpgIMG_0371.jpgIMG_0372.jpgIMG_0373.jpg

Loving the investment - not regretting it one bit :)

Last edited:
Back