Wanted replacement Satellite dish with fittings for motorised set up 95cms big ?

I had a look at that ebay page, looks neat but the bit 223 sold looks a bit odd, Can you get your money back from ebay? I checked an post site and they rate they quote for postage looks wonky.

But with BREXIT postage between here and the UK is a nightmare. If the seller mucks up the label the item gets returned to them but you will never know.
JUST ANOTHER QUICK UPDATE -

Good evening all especially to bmitie thanks for all the advice on here very much appreciated to you all here is the latest,

so lnb holder never arrived and I have received full refund from auction site.
bmitie very kindly bought one from shop nearer to him than where I am and sent it to me and now have installed lnb holder and installed it to latest dish and motor set up i have had for over 20 years now with new lnb that was also recommended to me by bmitie. and with a little adjustment of lnb ie twisted it slightly right as you look at front of dish and now have instead of around 50-55% I now get between 70-75%.

Also, noticed that with a little pressure on lnb arm coming out from dish to lnb and its holder signal goes up to over 80% so that says to me that elevation of motor is slightly too high do you all agree next step to slightly loosen motor bolts and get elevation spot and then all should be much much better ??

thanking you all again will keep everyone posted on what happens next

JUST ANOTHER QUICK UPDATE -

Good evening all especially to bmitie thanks for all the advice on here very much appreciated to you all here is the latest,

so lnb holder never arrived and I have received full refund from auction site.
bmitie very kindly bought one from shop nearer to him than where I am and sent it to me and now have installed lnb holder and installed it to latest dish and motor set up i have had for over 20 years now with new lnb that was also recommended to me by bmitie. and with a little adjustment of lnb ie twisted it slightly right as you look at front of dish and now have instead of around 50-55% I now get between 70-75%.

Also, noticed that with a little pressure on lnb arm coming out from dish to lnb and its holder signal goes up to over 80% so that says to me that elevation of motor is slightly too high do you all agree next step to slightly loosen motor bolts and get elevation spot and then all should be much much better ??

thanking you all again will keep everyone posted on what happens next
If you can peak the signal strength, that way adding a little pressure side to side or up and down dish alignment it out. It is as simple as that mate.

If you are happy enough with what you're pulling in leave it, i would not be though ladders would be staying out until no increase could be had adding pressure.

I would normally send it to a weaker sat, unclamp the dish elevation slightly and move the dish up and down to peak. And tighten.

I'd then slacken the dish to motor clamps a swivel the dish left to right to peak and then tighten.

Id the recheck dish elevation.

All this explained before on this thread and do to the condition of your clamps it could be tricky.

If you can peak the signal strength, that way adding a little pressure sibe to side or up and down dish alignment it out. It is as simple as that mate.

If you are happy enough with what you're pulling in leave it, i would not be though ladders would be staying out until no increase could be had adding pressure.

I would normally send it to a weaker sat, unclamp the dish elevation slightly and move the dish up and down to peak. And tighten.

I'd then slacken the dish to motor clamps a swivel the dish left to right to peak and then tighten.

All this explained before on this thread and do to the condition of your clamps it could be tricky.
will keep you all posted

How is it going
Good Afternoon all
Apologies for late reply I thought I had forum set that i received notifications on replies on this thread but obviously wasn`t working otherwise I would of replied quicker.
I haven`t been able to source a new dish with fittings for what I need been offered a few 120cm dishes bit I thought where mine is couldn't go any bigger than 1 metre.
So I have a new LNB holder and new LNB Holder and that raised signal strength from around 50% to just over 70% and since then have adjusted the elevation of dish and found I had to lower it and now get over 80% so yeah its getting better without having get a new dish lol

Last edited:
Back