Wanted replacement Satellite dish with fittings for motorised set up 95cms big ?

As you are already getting a signal on all the sats there is no difference in PIC quality if signal is 65% or 100%. My suggestion is before you waste time and money is change the LNB to a better one and you may be pleasantly surprised. You need a new one anyway so this one comes highly recommended.

Golden Media GM201 Universal Single Full HD PLL 0.1 dB LNB Gold-Plated Contacts it only 9.99 on ebay.

Secondhand can be iffy as dishes can be easily warped.

Another tip is get an 85cm gilbertini, outperforms a 90cm and as its aluminium its very light. I saw it for 69 new but delivery is the tricky bit, get warped.

I would try LNB first and can you say the sats and channels you defenitely want, lots of rubbish up there as well. I know as I can get a lot. I only use 30w, 0.8w 13e 16e, 19e, 9e, 28e and 23,5.

Your rig looked good but only out a tad. You can set USALS to peak on the EAST SATS and set it to PEAK on the WEST SATS = money saved.

As you are already getting a signal on all the sats there is no difference in PIC quality if signal is 65% or 100%. My suggestion is before you waste time and money is change the LNB to a better one and you may be pleasantly surprised. You need a new one anyway so this one comes highly recommended.

Golden Media GM201 Universal Single Full HD PLL 0.1 dB LNB Gold-Plated Contacts it only 9.99 on ebay.

Another tip is get an 85cm gilbertini, outperforms a 90cm and as its aluminium its very light. I saw it for 69 new but delivery is the tricky bit, get warped.

I would try LNB first and can you say the sats and channels you defenitely want, lots of rubbish up there as well. I know as I can get a lot. I only use 30w, 0.8w 13e 16e, 19e, 9e, 28e and 23,5.

Your rig looked good but only out a tad. You can set USALS to peak on the EAST SATS and set it to PEAK on the WEST SATS = money saved.
Yeah that's the sats I mainly use give or take one or two. I will have a shop about for that lnb but problem is also as I have looked at dish the past week last time I changed lnb lnb holder broke and has been fixed with bonding solution rock hard but will have to break lnb holder to fit new one unless I can use bonding solution again with new one. May also try slight adjustments as shown in photos at beginning of post as it is a tad out.
I use to have zgemma and signal always showed as 100% and 75% and before that I had Vu duo+ and it always showed around 100 and 90%. Can it also be that different boxes can differ with there signal strength especially when I had two previous boxes dish was not moved to fit new motor ?

Also as it's an old triax 95 cm dish they use there own lnb holder hard to replacement

With the triax the lnb holder is a push in jobby and 2 lugs pop out to hold in place. Look for ebay just saw one. Replacement LNB Holder for Triax TD / S Type Dishes

And yes different images and boxes will give different signal strength.

With the triax the lnb holder is a push in jobby and 2 lugs pop out to hold in place. Look for ebay just saw one. Replacement LNB Holder for Triax TD / S Type Dishes

I will have to look for that on auction site if I can find it. If you find anything let us know please buddy

I found one but they don't send to UK what a shame

As you are already getting a signal on all the sats there is no difference in PIC quality if signal is 65% or 100%.
The difference is possible rain fade if the 65% reading he is receiving is borderline reception then any heavy rain will effect those channels and of course would also rule out chances of receiving feeds.

The difference is possible rain fade if the 65% reading he is receiving is borderline reception then any heavy rain will effect those channels and of course would also rule out chances of receiving feeds.
You mean rain over the years has faded signal from dish ?
I get 50-55% signal on all satellite no more no less. So ofcorse when it rains heavily nothing NADA absolutely no signal lol

You mean rain over the years has faded signal from dish ?
I get 50-55% signal on all satellite no more no less. So ofcorse when it rains heavily nothing NADA absolutely no signal lol
Rain fade means if you get heavy rain, the signal fades/breaks up.

Rain Fade Explained
The negative effect that rain has on satellite signals is called rain-fade. This refers to the absorption of a radio/ microwave signal by atmospheric conditions, such as rain, ice, snow. As the satellites for satellite and Sky TV are in space the signals need to pass through this before it reaches your satellite dish, which in turn feeds your satellite receiver which needs to be at an acceptable level for reliable reception. Now, the greater the amount or the heavier the rain the greater the effect the rain-fade will have, this may see the signal received by the satellite dish drop below the suggested minimums and offer poor reception.

Hence big dish, good lnb, and cable and receiver and rig dead straight :laughing: = good signal. And in the olden days one would place a wet towel on dish if a sunny day to peak signal but that was long ago:cry:

Last edited:
Just an update to all still following this thread Many Thanks

Golden Media GM201 Universal Single Full HD PLL 0.1 dB LNB Gold-Plated Contacts It arrived earlier this afternoon just waiting for replacement triax lnb holder

Another Update Still waiting for LNB Holder its coming all the from Ireland lol
also been checking sites you all mentioned for possible if needed potential replacement dish and there mainly all 80 CMS or smaller lol
there was a deal for a brand new 90 cm dish on amason site was only £38 but now gone up to £65 but I still think would be too small lol

Another Update Still waiting for LNB Holder its coming all the from Ireland lol
also been checking sites you all mentioned for possible if needed potential replacement dish and there mainly all 80 CMS or smaller lol
there was a deal for a brand new 90 cm dish on amason site was only £38 but now gone up to £65 but I still think would be too small lol
you need more than just dish if motorised you also need to change bracket depending on what sats you want to scan larger the dish the more you need to come out from wall,
for my 97cm dish it came with 18 inch (45.72) L bracket

you need more than just dish if motorised you also need to change bracket depending on what sats you want to scan larger the dish the more you need to come out from wall,
I have only used anything except for one or two from 42 east to 30 west

Good morning all hope your all having a great weekend.
Not much of an update but just thought I would let you all know that I am still waiting for delivery of my triax lnb holder. I bought it from auction place is in Ireland as are other shops or sites that sell that specific triax lnb holder. Very frustrating. Does anyone on forum know of any English retailers that sell this item ?

He's using T&K brackets at the moment, not sure of size though.

Back