wasps nest

cactikid

VIP Member
I know i have had a wasps nest in the attic when seeing loads of them hovering over my gutter to get to the nest.
Last few days i have noticed no activity and assumimg the cold weather has killed most off except the queen.

I need to get access to water tank in the roof as its overflowing and needs a new rubber washer fitted.
Temp was at 0 last night but attic is insulated with that expanding foam so are we safe to enter is the question.

I know i have had a wasps nest in the attic when seeing loads of them hovering over my gutter to get to the nest.
Last few days i have noticed no activity and assumimg the cold weather has killed most off except the queen.

I need to get access to water tank in the roof as its overflowing and needs a new rubber washer fitted.
Temp was at 0 last night but attic is insulated with that expanding foam so are we safe to enter is the question.
I ordered two Rentokil foggers on ebay, they're like a small firework that pumps out insecticide smoke, they kill everything that crawls, flies or burrows.
They'll kill every insect in your loft.
I had an infestation of biscuit beetles, like little weevils, that arrived in some fishing bait I ordered, the fogger got rid of them

find the nest poke hole in it and back off for a bit then spray insecticide or flykiller in and leave then a few hours later remove nest
Make sure you have exit planned just in case ha ha

Last time i did that was with a Dyson and it never recovered as still alive + a few stings.
None flying outside is a good sign.

we had one in a wall in the garden, I got up early when they were asleep and shot a load of powder in the entrance, which did the trick after a few attempts. I tried the spray foams, it killed a few but not all.

I dealt with one in a shed i rarley need to go in to.

Thick plastic bag, knocked the nest into it then zip tied the bag.

Took the bag with the little shits going mad inside to a wooded area, slit the bag open so they could eventually find a way out.

I was lucky not one sting and no wasps killed.

Back