Watch Party?

Bigyinuk

Hi all. My stepson has just accidentally subscribed me to Prime Video on the Fire TV in his room which is registered to my account. I can watch Prime on my Fire TV but when he tries to on his, it keeps coming up "watch party"

What is this about?

Thanks chaps

Hi all. My stepson has just accidentally subscribed me to Prime Video on the Fire TV in his room which is registered to my account. I can watch Prime on my Fire TV but when he tries to on his, it keeps coming up "watch party"

What is this about?

Thanks chaps
Pretty similar to multiroom on IPTV

Watch party is for people that want to watch the same movie/TV series at the same time. You can have a group party.

I'm not sure on restrictions maybe you can only watch prime on one device at a time

According to Amazon, you can watch videos on 3 devices at the same time providing they are different videos. If you're streaming the same video, you're restricted to 2 devices. Why he can't watch anything on his Fire TV don't make any sense.

Are you logged into your account on the second device I presume?

On prime video you cannot stream the same title to more than one device at a time. You can with different titles.

Both devices are logged in and registered to my account but only one will play Prime video without the "Watch Party" option being the only thing you can select.

I think you can only watch a watch party through a browser. So I can only imagine you've got the browser open on his firestick instead of using the prime video built in.

Close down the browser if it's open.

Try logging out of the firestick that's only allowing a watch party then log back in. Failing that log out/in of both.

There's no reason for it to stop you watching different titles on two separate devices.

Back