Watching Recordings Away from Home...? Zgemma 2s

jlg1

Hi Everyone...

Hope you can help me with this.

We're going away at the weekend to the caravan and I was wondering if I take my box and HDD with me (I have a sat dish etc...) would I be able to watch recordings from the box even though as its a campsite and the wifi will probably be crap I'll only get freeview channels on the box.

Was thinking the box will still read from the HHD - would that work..? Ive a load of stuff on there.

Was planning on using a firestick instead but I would suspect the site wifi couldnt handle it as the bandwidth will probably be split among loads of campers.

I take it I need to be at home to use my usual line/gift and channels...?

Any help/tips really appreciated....

Thanks a lot

James

smalltom123

If you have access to a dish at the site. Hook it up and try the hotspot on your phone. :-). If not the recordings will still play away.

jlg1

If you have access to a dish at the site. Hook it up and try the hotspot on your phone. :). If not the recordings will still play away.
Cheers for the reply.. I might try that..even if we've only Freeview I've a few films on the hdd I could watch.. So basically the Zgemma and hdd are portable in a way.. Was thinking I could record films etc for future trips away.

A lot handier than the old s## boxes ive been using as receivers.

Just a case then of reconnecting to network when home again and updating epg etc...?

Cheers...

James

jlg1

Definitely handy if there's anything good on nxt few days I'll record a few more I think.. :)