Waterford Tall Ships Race and Festival

axxxo

VIP Member
223.jpg

Waterford Tall Ships Race

30th June to 3rd July 2011

Thursday-Sunday, June 30-July 3, 2011 will be three extraordinary days of festival fun in the city followed by a glorious Parade of Sail along the Waterford and Wexford estuary, as Ireland once again hosts The Tall Ships Races.

This is one of the most spectacular and colourful events in the world and Waterford is gearing up to host around 50 majestic Tall Ships; 1,500 sail trainees and an anticipated 500,000 maritime, music and festival fans on the quays of Ireland’s oldest city.

Tall Ships Races is set to be the biggest event in Ireland in 2011 and the return of The Tall Ships to Ireland’s South East region will be celebrated with a festival programme capturing the very best of Irish and international acts; street theatre; fireworks; music and food.

On board The Tall Ships will also be dozens of Irish young people enjoying the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to participate as trainees, alongside their international peers.
This will be an unforgettable occasion and four days of incredible festival fun.

The opening ceremony with An Taoiseach, Enda Kenny and renowned illusionist, Keith Barry, will take place on the William Vincent Wallace Plaza at 3.30pm on Thursday, 30th June. This will kick start Ireland’s biggest Quayside party ever so don’t miss it!

Take a look at this pdf to see various events taking place around the city.

The capital of Ireland’s sunny south east and the oldest city in Ireland. This is the county with everything on its doorstep.
A stunning coastline; a vibrant city; beautiful river valleys and miles and miles of countryside.
Waterford is a mix of provenance and history along with a contemporary, can-do attitude and the warmest of welcomes.

224.jpg

cutty_waterford.jpg

225.jpg

226.jpg

227.jpg

will be working down there setting up the RTE broadcast area and marquee hopefully get to see some of it :yes!:

Looks like the three of you might add a few quid to the local economy (not drinking, if your ladies ask), just being patrioticlol

I already have the friday booked off and any vip passes hill you know where to throw them ;)

Axxxo, just put on your tool belt and follow him around like a lost puppy :drink:

ah axxxo if i get one of them your names on it m8 we are going down on tues till sat so wheelo i'm sure we will partake in a few local creme de menthes :drink:

Im sure myself and sinno can name a few <strike>pubs</strike> eh, tourist attractions for you to visit :)

Had a great few days down in Waterford went to Geoffs a couple of nights Sinno good man (y) and the boozer across the road "the kazbar" went into masons one of the nights cant really remember much of that night :whistling:
The festival was a brilliant success by all accounts and judging by the crowds i'd seen there this week i think most of the country came down
The ships were very impressive and the craic we had with some of the crew of the ships well lets just say what happens in Waterford stays in Waterford :whistling: and i dont mean the bold thing lol
Have heard they are going to have a leg in Dublin next year :)

[video=youtube;g5jXJRoJhEw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5jXJRoJhEw&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:
Well as the whole town was an open air bar i stayed by the plaza for the best part of the weekend with plenty of cans by my side :)
Glad you had fun anyway hill, the crowds in the town was nuts but excellent!
Just need to detox myself now!

Some good photographs here

Code:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23296461@N04/with/5891951713/

Back