Weak Signal on some HD Channels

He may be on to something though as sky mix hd is 699mhz and both news and 5 hd are above 700mhz and all 3 of these are weak and pixelated..... could it be the tuner not handling the high frequencies??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We think the issue is down to the USB tuner, as there's no direct dvb-c, normally the street cable to brown box and then to white box with no split feed is more than enough. Otherwise a hdu should more than work.

If the dvb-c tuner is working ok on some channels, then I doubt it's a driver issue or anything along those lines. Try tuning into a channel in the higher frequency range when using the dvb-c tuner. This normally weeds out the bad tuners from the good ones. If you have another tuner or box you can connect up to your vm feed, that would also be helpful.

If the dvb-c tuner is working ok on some channels, then I doubt it's a driver issue or anything along those lines. Try tuning into a channel in the higher frequency range when using the dvb-c tuner. This normally weeds out the bad tuners from the good ones. If you have another tuner or box you can connect up to your vm feed, that would also be helpful.

Does seem to be a problem with the higher frequency channels. Unfortunately I don't have another box to retry.

Anything over about 685mhz the signal drops and I either get pixelation or no picture at all. Best start looking at selling my solo 2 and invest in the solo 4k

Last edited:
Had similar problems with a amiko mini combo yesterday most channels breaking up then plugged old kryptview channels 1 to 5 clearing no problem . Shite tuner a would say .

Now that the feed is connected direct from brown box no splitters up to white box, would be a good idea to invest in a decent E2 box. a twin/dual tuner with 1 feed only is a good start. I`ve never rated those usb tuners, your right there S.....

Still got a weak signal on anything above 700mhz, 699mhz OK but channels on 707mhz breaks up.

And now the new sports football and PL channels are in the 700mhz range :mad:

I agree ste, I want to order a box to test but I need to be able to send it back no questions asked if it doesn't fix the problem.

Amazon have a Zgemma H5.2tc with a same delivery option for £101 which I'm tempted to order just to test and then send it back, but their cheap boxes to begin with so may not be an accurate test?

Any suggestions?

Someone is selling a H2.H in the For Sale section on here for £55 - easy enough to sell on if need be.

I've set up several H2.H's for family and friends and all have been fine - i'm currently using the H5.2TC myself which is a better box that the H2.H but obviously more expensive.

Thanks Ste, will take a look.

You think the tuners in the zgemma's are decent or is it worth spending a bit extra, mutant hd51?

There's always better but it depends how much money you want to spend for the extra gains which in my opinion don't warrant the pricetag.

I have only really dealt with the zgemma boxes over the last couple of years and all bar one which had an issue with the ethernet port, they have all been perfect.

Just ordered the h5.2tc on same day delivery so should be here this evening to test and then will send back tommorrow.

Whats the best build to just stick on for testing, noticed vix doesnt support them?

I put Wooshbuild on mine - there's a version on his site for the H5.2TC ... it's an ATV image - I've had it on mine a few months now and all good.

Back