Cable Weak signal

Nav786r

Hi everyone need some help im running dsayers image on zgemma h2h sky works fine i have a problem with vm cable i have a 100mb internet which works fine but my signal is soo weak channels are unwatchable i get lines across the screen iv tried everything i can im using a 5-1000mhz splitter even the fta channels r giving me problems iv tried biohead image for cable only same problem iv ran out of ideas plz help

i would be checking out all cabling and connection,are cables old?end connections are clean and no stray wires touching inside feed.your are using correct netid?

Cables are fine as well as im aware my internet speeds are fine im getting max download and upload speed as i should get for 100mb and my net id is correct im in birmingham using 41011

Sometimes your signal can be too strong. I have to have a 10 db attenuator fitted on the cable input or some of the channels freeze.

i have a bit of a weak signal too with using a splitter. I checked everything and found most of my problems went away when I checked the little brown box outside. In that box was an 8db attenuator. I took this off and put the splitter in there and now most channels are glitch free even when downloading. Worth a check.
beware of bugs ;)

Thanks for the replies iv tried everything i removed the attenuator and then tried the cable direct in the box it seems to work glitch free but as soon as i put the splitter on it starts glitching im using 5-1000 mhz splitter thats what was recommended on this forum anything else i could try i went to maplins to ask for a cable tv signal booster but they dont seem to have :/

Mmmmm well there was another thread on here ppl wer having the same issue they wer using 5-2500 so they changed to 5-1000 n that sorted there problem mayb 5-2500 will work for me

i've just been reading that thread lol. Personally for what one costs on fleabay, it's worth a try. Also check your f type to coax adaptor, I ended up getting a pack from screw fix ( got 9 spare now ) but the quality is far better.

Thanks for the replies iv tried everything i removed the attenuator and then tried the cable direct in the box it seems to work glitch free but as soon as i put the splitter on it starts glitching im using 5-1000 mhz splitter thats what was recommended on this forum anything else i could try i went to maplins to ask for a cable tv signal booster but they dont seem to have :/

Have a look at this thread someone recommends using and hdu splitter http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/94410-missing-channels-solved-well-mostly-lol.html

Is there a difference in them splitters there 5-1000mhz aswell im sure there releasing they same amount of signal as the y i have or not

I had the same problem in the past using a 5-1000 splitter I bought from eBay so replaced it with a 5-2400 one from Screwfix and it was fine after...

Hi, an old thread but I’m facing the same issue. The box has been working fine but for the past week, I’ve been seeing the FTA channels glitching.

My new coax cable arrived today and I’ve tried that, but no improvement. Wondering if it’s the splitter to try next.

It would be good knowing whether this was resolved and how?

Hi, an old thread but I’m facing the same issue. The box has been working fine but for the past week, I’ve been seeing the FTA channels glitching.

My new coax cable arrived today and I’ve tried that, but no improvement. Wondering if it’s the splitter to try next.

It would be good knowing whether this was resolved and how?
What name is on the splitter?
You should use Tratec, Technetix or Labgear
Nearly all other splitters are useless for cable tv

What name is on the splitter?
You should use Tratec, Technetix or Labgear
Nearly all other splitters are useless for cable tv
Hi, there doesn’t seem to be any branded name on the splitter but states it’s 5-2500Mhz.
I’ve connected the box directly to the mains (without this splitter), and box works perfectly, so at least I now know that the issue is with this splitter.

I need to know figure out which is the correct splitter to purchase. Strangely, this splitter has been working perfectly over a number of years. Baffling!

, 43228BA0-6D7D-4719-B278-0507B3DE3D11.jpeg

I would say thats wrong for vm cable
Thinking power levels might need to be checked first

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-10 New vm splitter on installs.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-10 New vm splitter on installs.png
    367.5 KB · Views: 6
I would say thats wrong for vm cable
Thinking power levels might need to be checked first

Thank you both.

Do you mean the signal strength? I've gone into this on the box on a FTA, and it shows SNR as 83-84%, but it's still pixelating on a FTA BBC1.

Definitely something wrong with the 2way splitter, but it's confusing why it has just stopped working last week, as was working perfect up until then. I'll get it replaced and fingers crossed that sorts it out.

Back