webcam

anfieldroad

does any clever people outthere know how to do the settings on my built in webcam,am using windows xp,when i use skype i cant set it to video call .im using a asus x50r laptop

moved to pc forum

Last edited by a moderator:
What version of Skype are you using?

Can you get the Webcam to work in Skype at all? or is it not appearing in the Skype Video settings options?

-

Is your Cam working normally outside of Skype? Your drivers are installed, yes?

What do you see in your Skype settings, is it like this?

200.jpg

-

no the video part does not come up,been looking round comp for anything regardng webcam cant find it,do you think it may have somthing to do with taking vista off and installing windows gman.......:bang head::bang head::bang head:

no the video part does not come up,been looking round comp for anything regardng webcam cant find it,do you think it may have somthing to do with taking vista off and installing windows gman.......:bang head::bang head::bang head:

Ah! You should have mentioned that in the first place.

It has everything to do with it!

When you reinstalled using XP (If by Windows you mean XP) did you install the Webcam software drivers separately?

If not (and I suspect that to be the case) it explains why Skype isn't picking up the Cam.

You need to locate, download & install the onboard Webcam drivers from the manufactures site (If they are available for XP).

Not all Laptops can be successfully downgraded to XP because some of the newer ones have never had drivers written for XP.

Is your sound, Video, Network card & touch Pad working ok?

-

sorry gman for not mentioning that earlier,sound,video and all that working fine

No worries, It's just that it's easier to diagnose & solve issues when you have all the facts, even the little ones :).

Anyway,

If you are using XP

Click on START

Right click on My Computer & choose Manage from the options.

Click on "Device Manager" in the left hand pane of the resulting window.

Look through the list on the right hand side & you should see an exclamation mark or a question mark next to any device which has a driver problem.

See does your Webcam show as being problematic there.

-

Last edited:
it doesent even show any webcam here gman.prob just as easy to buy a webcam thanx for you time and help gman..........

Don't give up now Anfieldroad....

It wouldn't be described exactly as a Webcam anyway.

Your nearly there.

Follow this link and choose

Notebook

X50

X50R

Then choose XP as the OS

from the dropdown boxes and download the camera driver & install it.

-

Last edited:
If you use maybe Lavalys Everest maybe to view your hardware make and type??

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

orry gman should have my mouth closed there mate!

If you use maybe Lavalys Everest maybe to view your hardware make and type??

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

orry gman should have my mouth closed there mate!

Everyone's input is welcome, that's the whole idea, right?

The aim is to solve the problem & all help is appreciated (y)

-

Back