Weird freezing issue

NazoDoop

TK Veteran
Hi guys
Got a wired zgemma and a wireless firestick
Same provider, same VPN

The wired zgemma was freezing on a few channels however the firestick was working perfect

Any ideas what could of caused this? The only thing I can think is that I didn’t exit out the app on my firestick even though it was defo turned off.
Seems to be fine now

Hi..
I've stopped dealing with zgemma's on IPTV for same reason..
I just couldn't get them working as smooth as a MAG..
Recently I put a MAG and zgemma side by side connected them to the same server via the same internet connection viewing the same channel..
The zgemma was freezing regularly whist the MAG didn't flicker once..
I'm not the most clued up, but I figure it must be the difference in hardware..

Hi..
I've stopped dealing with zgemma's on IPTV for same reason..
I just couldn't get them working as smooth as a MAG..
Recently I put a MAG and zgemma side by side connected them to the same server via the same internet connection viewing the same channel..
The zgemma was freezing regularly whist the MAG didn't flicker once..

That’s interesting. Using the magbox emulator ( stbemu) on firestick seems more stable

Gonna hold out a week or so and may have to replace the zgemma with another firestick.
The only thing is I love the sly epg on enigma 2

Last edited:
Zgemma's are not for IPTV,they were built for sat,
I'd rather use stick my head in a oven then ever deal with zgemma's again,
They used to give me sleepness nights.

I see your point. That’s why I bought an i55 which is iptv only. But it’s proving to be less stable than smart iptv on my LG tv and my firestick.
I’d ditch it in an instant but it’s difficult to leave the wonderful sky epg

I have had no end of bother with colleagues who have Zgemma's as we a lot of us did for CS but in them days they never missed a beat. I have also found the i55 designed for dedicated IPTV use only still can struggle sometimes even with fast enough mbs, the serviceapp and a line that's perfect on more modern devices. It is the Sly look and feel people want though so it comes down to making a sacrifice if you want a better quality of veiwing the Sly look has to go. Me personally on enigma 2 I prefer chabs Freesat skin very sexy indeed.

Has said above zgemma was built for more dedicated sat or cable and not a dedicated IPTV streaming box, the problem with zgemma they struggle with the newer hls stream but ok with old mpegt streams, this is down to the fact they still use the Linux enigma 2 drivers.
Main problem is if a stream is freezing and your provider changes it to a working one the zgemma will stay froze on old stream until you select another channel and back again, whereas the mag box will just quickly refresh stream and continue playing.

I see your point. That’s why I bought an i55 which is iptv only. But it’s proving to be less stable than smart iptv on my LG tv and my firestick.
I’d ditch it in an instant but it’s difficult to leave the wonderful sky epg
It took me about a month to get used to not having the sky EPG,
I have to admit I used to watch TV 18hrs a day when sat was on but now I maybe watch football on sat Sunday and the rest is catch up tv,
That was down to mainly EPG layout being not as good as sky, buy why pay loads of money a month just for epg from sky lol

Has said above zgemma was built for more dedicated sat or cable and not a dedicated IPTV streaming box, the problem with zgemma they struggle with the newer hls stream but ok with old mpegt streams, this is down to the fact they still use the Linux enigma 2 drivers.
Main problem is if a stream is freezing and your provider changes it to a working one the zgemma will stay froze on old stream until you select another channel and back again, whereas the mag box will just quickly refresh stream and continue playing.
That all makes sense..
That's exactly the issue I have for friends of mine..
Any fix for this? I've just given up and started moving over to other options instead of zgemma due to that exact issue..

Download serviceapp plugin and set to extplayer under setup, usage and gui, service app.

Should help with your freezing if your other devices play the channel fine.

I also have mine set to 4097 for the streams (via suls)

Download serviceapp plugin and set to extplayer under setup, usage and gui, service app.

Using 5002 here.

They do make a difference using 4097/5002 but are certainly not a freeze/glitch free fix but saying that Sly can not offer that on their Q boxes either :grin:

I have found zgemmas ok for iptv if using xtream editor plug in, seems to work better with that plug in running along with service app installed.

I don't get any problems on Zgemma using stock Atv image with suls and always set streams to 4097 and use ext3 player. Could it be down to supplier,I don't know. I had issues with a few suppliers but my current one has been fine.

Never had any problems with my iptv on h2h. Is your url the same for each device, ie iptv.com? It could be he is re-selling from different suppliers

I don't get any problems on Zgemma using stock Atv image with suls and always set streams to 4097 and use ext3 player. Could it be down to supplier,I don't know. I had issues with a few suppliers but my current one has been fine.
I've got a friend bringing me zgemma he's adamant he's happy to have IPTV on the zgemma..
Where can I find the firmware you mentioned in your post..?

Back