Weird HDMI issue with H9 Twin Zgemma box

tonyclifton

Hi all,
I recently bought a Zgemma H9 Twin box for my Dad to use. I set it up at my house on OpenATV and made sure everything was working fine before taking it to his place.
When I plugged it in, his TV's (we tried 2) for some reason would not display the HDMI feed from the box (it would just show a blank screen and say there's no signal). I could get to the screens and change the settings using OpenWebIf on my phone and I tried all types of Video mode and nothing worked. I factory reset the box onsite and tried to go through the settings but again - nothing from either of his TV's. I took the box home thinking the HDMI socket or board was fryed and - it worked fine on the 2 TV's at my house as before :(

It's a bizarre issue and I can only think it's something to do with a setting for his 2 TV's (he's got pretty new Samsung 4K TV's) as we also tried different HDMI cables too from known working devices. He has as his main TV a Samsung QE55Q85R and another model which is essentially the same range but smaller. I have an older Samsung 4K but still running Samsung's Tizen OS as well as an old Panasonic 1080p TV.

Has anyone else had any HDMI display issues or can recommend anything to try which we haven't so far?
Kind Regards, TC.

Last edited:
I have recently bought a ZGemma H9 twin and have sorted all the issues it had when i first set it up i also run a Samsung smart tv the HDMI would not work on HDMI 1 but works fine on 2 so i think it is a Samsung issue hope this helps

Hi all,
I recently bought a Zgemma H9 Twin box for my Dad to use. I set it up at my house on OpenATV and made sure everything was working fine before taking it to his place.
When I plugged it in, his TV's (we tried 2) for some reason would not display the HDMI feed from the box (it would just show a blank screen and say there's no signal). I could get to the screens and change the settings using OpenWebIf on my phone and I tried all types of Video mode and nothing worked. I factory reset the box onsite and tried to go through the settings but again - nothing from either of his TV's. I took the box home thinking the HDMI socket or board was fryed and - it worked fine on the 2 TV's at my house as before :(

It's a bizarre issue and I can only think it's something to do with a setting for his 2 TV's (he's got pretty new Samsung 4K TV's) as we also tried different HDMI cables too from known working devices. He has as his main TV a Samsung QE55Q85R and another model which is essentially the same range but smaller. I have an older Samsung 4K but still running Samsung's Tizen OS as well as an old Panasonic 1080p TV.

Has anyone else had any HDMI display issues or can recommend anything to try which we haven't so far?
Kind Regards, TC.
I use Zgemma boxes with Samsung Smart TVs and it is often a case of trial and error to get a box and TV working together.
Update the software on the box and on the TV (set to auto-update) before trying to connect them.
On one of my TVs the HDMI 1 port has failed and I am now using the HDMI 2 port.
Settings on the box and on the TV have to be set correctly to get the box and TV working together.
On Zgemma Remote, press MENU, Setup, Video, Basic settings, set Video output to HDMI, and other settings to match TV.
In the TV General settings there may be an External Device Manager with an Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) option that can be enabled.
Press Source on the Samsung Remote and try all available source options.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Hi
did you solve the problem? because I have the same problem. it only worked on 20 inch tv and no signal on 5 others.
Regards

Hi everyone put willobuild with openvix but i am still having a problem with not being able to see running time and remaining time any
help will be great.tv menu falut.jpg

Back