WooshBuild What box?

Spyke

What box would you good people recommend as a replacement for my H2s which has been playing silly buggers lately?
Ta

Just reflash it
I've done that ... many times ... Issues I'm having - Box decides it won't record some programmes set in timers .. reboots itself randomly .. IPTV channels freezing seconds after switching to them or going straight to black screen (apparently due to the age of the box I've been told) .. Blue circle top left of screen appears for no reason and locks the box up needing it to be switched off at button on the back of box .

I've done that ... many times ... Issues I'm having - Box decides it won't record some programmes set in timers .. reboots itself randomly .. IPTV channels freezing seconds after switching to them or going straight to black screen (apparently due to the age of the box I've been told) .. Blue circle top left of screen appears for no reason and locks the box up needing it to be switched off at button on the back of box .
Dout very much if its the box. What image are you using

Blue circle spinning is usually a sign the box has used all its resources memory mostly. Setup a swapfile on USB and install the cache flush plugin and have it setup to automatically run. Rebooting randomly could also be a sign of a failing PSU try another.

If you do go for another box take a look at the Octagon SF8008 4k and the Gigablue UHD 4k trio as budget options.

Dont forget the the swap file can help if the box is maxing out its ram when running.
I just checked ... the swap file is installed on hdd, would it make any difference putting it on a USB? .. uninstalled and reinstalled cache flush, no idea where that is stored!

Hard drives take time to spin up. And with a swap file could actually be contributing to the issue.

Id run it on the usb along with things such as picons and epg.

Cache flush should be under Menu-Plugins.

Cache flush should be under Menu-Plugins.
I have cache flush ... I just don't know where on the system it is stored. I'm assuming internal storage as there was no option for where to store it when downloading.

cache flush will be in internal storage it should be there . Its thw swap file epg and plugins that should go to USB

Back