what broadband connection do i need for a dreambox

Stumpy

hi again i live in athlone eire and was thinking about getting dream box system but not sure what kind of a broadband connection is sufficient for this to work well. any help would be greatly appreciated:gah:

Eircom or other is fine, you might run into problems if you use a Mobile Broadband dongle due to fluctuations in service.

can anyone tell me wot i need to set up a dreambox...ive been offered a dreambox 500sat will that work in my area im in Belfast...will i need to flash it, ive been trying to find the answers but keep coming up to a brick wall...also how do i find out wot code area im in....HELP from a very thick single mum

Hi belfast454
The DM500s is a sat box not a cable box.
It is a Linux based box and yes you will need to flash it with an image that you like.
These things work best on a motorised or multi lnb disec switch.
You can CS with them but it is not easy.
You may also need a cam module to clear encrypted chans.
There is lots of info on the web for all dreamboxes.
It is more of an Enthusiasts box.

hi axel...thanks for the info...it sounds very complicated....can you tell me whats the best and easiest one that will work in Belfast cheers

Hi Belfast454

I assume you mean a cable box that will work in Ireland.
I would have a good look around this site there seems to be 2 main contenders the starview and the Kryptview.
But I have no idea if either work in Irleand soz.

They work in Belfast, but not in the Republic of Ireland.

Starview 6/7
Kryptview A780, Kryptview A750 with iconnector.

They work in Belfast, but not in the Republic of Ireland.

Starview 6/7
Kryptview A780, Kryptview A750 with iconnector.

thank you for that info...i will have a look for a box... how do i find out what area code im in when i programme the box.....

Back