What Diarra Said To Andrews (Ireland v France)

noelyf

VIP Member
You F***ing Irish P***k!

By Cormac Byrne

Monday November 16 2009

Motivation will not be a problem for the Irish team as details of the bust-up at the final whistle emerge.

lassana-001.jpg

French midfielder Lassana Diarra was accused of jeering at Irish midfielder Keith Andrews, saying "F**k you, you Irish pr**k, you're out".
The Irish player has confirmed that Diarra had indeed directed that comment at him.
"Yeah, that's about accurate, he has made a disrespectful comment," said Andrews.
The disgusting slur was made at the final whistle and according to Andrews he was sitting on his hunkers, dejected at the result, when Diarra approached him.

"When the final whistle went, I was hunkered down a little. I saw him walking towards me and I thought he was going to shake my hand. And he made a remark and, to be fair, I lost my head a little bit," said Andrews.
Andrews said that the comment typified the French attitude on the night and it looks certain to rear its head in the pressure cauldron that will be the Stade de France on Wednesday night.

"It's only halfway finished and for a person to come out with something like that, it's very disappointing. All our lads are aware of it so we'll see what happens on Wednesday," said an irate Andrews.
Although the game appeared to be played in a sporting manner, this incident shows that there was definitely some niggle in the game, but the outburst from Diarra was unexpected.
"There was a bit of niggle between us in the game, anyway, but that's just football and it happens," he said.
"You don't really expect it from a fellow professional. It's a massive two-legged tie; it's very pivotal and crunch time in the tie."

Irish manager Giovanni Trapattoni was also appalled at the French midfielder's antics and described the outburst as something he "cannot repeat".
The enigmatic Italian said that the comment was an insult to the Irish people.
"One player said something to one of my players which I cannot repeat [it was so bad]," said Trapattoni in the aftermath of the game.

"You cannot insult the Irish people like this. It is not in my culture [to complain]. It is enough that they think about what they said and they realise they have done wrong."
The manager refused to name the guilty party because it is not in his "culture".
hnews@herald.ie

Irish were 'looking for trouble', claims Diarra

Lassana Diarra has stoked the flames of his feud with Keith Andrews, telling the Irish player if he wants trouble “we will meet again on Wednesday”. And the Real Madrid midfielder insists he did not insult the Irish side to spark Saturday’s melee at the final whistle.
The pair clashed at the end of Saturday’s match, which France won 1-0, with Andrews explaining to reporters that his opposite number had made “a disrespectful comment”.
Giovanni Trapattoni described the barb afterwards as an insult aimed at the Irish people.

But Diarra today played down his role in the incident, claiming the Irish players were “looking for trouble” after seeing their chances of reaching the World Cup fade.
"I don't know exactly what happened, even if it happens quite often," Diarra told reporters. "If Andrews asks for trouble, we will meet again on Wednesday.

"Andrews walked on my ankle during the second half. But it was nothing. It happens quite often at the end of a match. The Irishmen have been frustrated. They lost 1-0.

They are looking for trouble. Maybe they wanted me to get a card.
"I didn't say anything. I have absolutely nothing against Irish people. I played for five years in England and I never had any trouble. They are talking to the press. We can talk to the press too."

Diarra's team-mate Patrice Evra, meanwhile, hopes the frustration will not be carried into the return leg at Stade de France.
"I came when it was almost over. I just asked John O'Shea to calm down his players," said the Manchester United left-back. "We don't have to make any controversy out of that, the return leg will be heated enough.
"They lost and we woke up Irish pride. I don't think Irish players needed that to be motivated."

Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby has been ruled out of Wednesday’s game, the French Football Federation (FFF) has confirmed.
Diaby, who was almost sure not to start the game, will not be replaced in the squad after losing his battle to recover from a calf injury.
Defender Eric Abidal and midfielder Jeremy Toulalan were already ruled out of the game.

The latter missed the first leg and was replaced by Alou Diarra, while Abidal picked up a thigh injury in Croke Park and is likely to be replaced by either Julien Escude or Sebastien Squillaci of Sevilla

From The Irish Times.

by the look of things i'd say he's glad he did'nt say that to richard dunne
winding the irish up and getting their backs up- smart move there lad
rock on round 2, all to play for
come on the green army :cheerleader:

Best to Play the second round with Cool Heads and cold hearts, rather than hot heads and blind pride.
They will be expecting us to be very upset about the shennanigans on saturday night and will come out all geared up to temper our passion.
Now is the time to appraise Trapps managerial skills,how we approach this will be just as crucial as the final result.
We only need one goal to upset the applecart,put doubt into a fractured teams mind and cause blind panic in the french part of the stadium.
And knowing from past experiences with the Irish Fans and travelling abroad all they will have will be a part of it!
90 mins is a long time in a footy match, - 120 mins and possible penalties is a lifetime!
Would Put my left one against any keeper V shay givens in the world!
COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN!!

20,000 plus supposedly heading over for it and probably more with tickets from elsewhere! Should be rockin'!!

Carlsberg dont do football matches but if they did....an Ireland corner in the first 2 minutes, up comes Richie Dunne, powers a header into the back of the net, the french fall to pieces and one goal each for Robbie and Kevin

Something like this Wheelo?lol
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RojpJ843Mko]YouTube - Carlsberg don't do dreams...[/ame]

Arrogant French Have Booked Their World Cup Hideaway.

From the Evening Herald :

The French team have already booked their hotel & training camp in South Africa for the World Cup in South Africa.
Raymond Domenech`s side bagged a base in Mauritius in the Indian Ocean as a World Cup warm up venue more than a month ago.

The four star Legends Hotel confirmed the French team had booked in for 2010.

The Herald contacted the Hotel, which confirmed that a team had pre - booked their hotel in advance of the 2010 World Cup.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets hope they`ve lost their deposit by 9:45 tomorrow night :cheesy grin:

COME ON IRELAND!!

it will be a summer retreat for when they are crying that they aren't in the World Cup(y)

Can`t really blamre them for that lads, found these stats tonight and it doesn`t make for very good reading.
With a superb home record (France are unbeaten in competitive games at the Stade de France since 1999), a dismal away record for Ireland (the Irish side has not won a qualifying game away from home against a major nation in 22 years) and that 1-0 lead from the first leg, no wonder French minds are already on South Africa.

But There is always hope, we are due a huge slice of luck somewhere along the way.

Back