What is the best box to buy.....

gary27

Hi All
ok i have a openbox V8s and have been told its rubbish by more than one person..
Seems i was screwed over with this box and server as it froze more time's than a brass monkey...so i changed server (as recommended)....
£25 a year....and still not much better.....(previous was £40)...
I was also told i sould of done homework first (but in hindsight and all that)....
So im now upto being told a VU+ zero box is better than mine and for the sum of another £200 i can have that and sub.....posted ready to go....

im now ready to put a hammer through the openbox all i want is for a good service is that to much to ask.....

Regards

Not having the correct up to date channel list can also cause this, is yours up to date?

P.S. I run a VuSolo2 and love it, can count the freezing in one year on one hand, but I have a quality server.

i have a skybox f5, last subbie i used it kept freezing all the time, was just gonna bin it, gave it one last chance, i thought i would try a sub off one of the lads on here, glad i did, it works a treat , rarely a problem

using crap servers will cause 95% of freezing also use no signal fix to stop voltage drop off the sat dish,(go with zgemma star boxes) for new will piss all over vu+ boxes for money and setup value

channel list upto date and got new server yesterday....it may be now due traffic on network as the lad is on his gaming pc etc

Hi Gary,sorry to here you are having such a bad time mate,your right about the server,it's got to be spot on or forget about it before you start,your in the right place to fix that if your not already,next try your box on a quiet time if possible,make sure your on your internet your self,no consoles,phones etc and try then. If you find it freezes glitches etc you will soon spot the answer,iv got a f5s. crap EPG,10mb broadband,and great server,so all in all I'm happy.need any help PM me.

Last edited:
Nothing really wrong with the V8s if you know what you are getting.It's a cheap box but does what is expected if you set it up correct, have a good i-net connection and a good line provider. I have 2 working on multi sat motorised dishes with no problems, both my sons have pc's and games linked to i-net and wife and daughter on their tablet pc's.I use virgin broadband and multisat provider server based abroad and the boxes are well behaved with absolutely minimum of glitching etc.
Reaper.

using crap servers will cause 95% of freezing also use no signal fix to stop voltage drop off the sat dish,(go with zgemma star boxes) for new will piss all over vu+ boxes for money and setup value
zgemma will never be that good lol vu are quality boxes and everybody knows that,yes price can be steep.

let me know when your cheap box breaks,been at this game to long to know whats good and works.another note everybody loves patched vix image i use the real deal on all my boxes.

channel list upto date and got new server yesterday....it may be now due traffic on network as the lad is on his gaming pc etc....
im on EE with brightbox and has adsl from phone line.....the server i had to start was ok at first but started freezing....so got another server yesterday and had massive freezing on box at about 7am this morning and nobody was on there pc/tablet/phones.....discovery shed/ dave/ disc turbo / boomerang...most of the morning and late afternoon settled down for now watching F1.....
im not clued up on setting on router etc but i did put one ssd on ( guest wifi) but think i messed up and cant delete it as i dont know how to......just need some help with internet issue and how to set box up properly also i did update firmware from here to get EPG issue to work and it does but when i push the button on remote it takes around 5 secs to appear.....

gary when you get freezing on your box run you tube on you pc or ipad at the same time,if you tube is streaming ok then your internet connection is good and you have got an over subscribed server (did you get itoff fleabay)

No i got it from a bloke on facebook he came here and fitted it said i would have all channels etc etc when i started having issues there was no help just google it or see you tube....

and i can use you tube my wife was on it before as i watched F1 and my daughter was on you tube in same room no issue so im at a loss..............
As this morning it froze like demonand nobody was on anything go figure that lol

100% server trouble,when getting new servers always ask for min 24hr test line to check quality of the line ,anybody with good server would be more than happy to give you one i would every time

ive been offered a week line test aswell...but want someone who does channel lists aswell...i used ajs list and lost disc shed / dave

Back