What is the cheapest way to use unlocked phone in Canada

Billy315

TK Supporter
Going hols soon. Last time I bought two phones and sim in Toronto which were quite expensive with Rodgers.
Is their a cheaaper way, we both have unlocked phones Iphone 8 and Doogee (china) both use up to 5g.

Looking for the cheapest and easiest way to use our own phones.

Smartphones.

Last edited:
I go to canada often too and it is very expensive for data. The last time i went i bought a 1gb data sim from worldsim that that worked brilliantly. I have just been checking at prices seem to have gone up quite a bit. I'll have a look around a let you know if i find anything. I usually head to banff in alberta but i think the other half is interested in toronto. Is it worth going for 7 days?

Going hols soon. Last time I bought two phones and sim in Toronto which were quite expensive with Rodgers.
Is their a cheaaper way, we both have unlocked phones Iphone 8 and Doogee (china) both use up to 5g.

Looking for the cheapest and easiest way to use our own phones.

Smartphones.
Get a Lebara SIM, you can get 30gig of data and unlimited calls from 41 countries, (Canada included) for £20, it's a 30 day deal, if you are going for longer than a month, you can simply top up another £20 or less if you don't need as much data.
Then throw the SIM away when you get home
IMG_20230706_130258.jpg

I was looking at worldsim when I received your info. I will check with Lebra. Thanks
Get a Lebara SIM, you can get 30gig of data and unlimited calls from 41 countries, (Canada included) for £20, it's a 30 day deal, if you are going for longer than a month, you can simply top up another £20 or less if you don't need as much data.
Then throw the SIM away when you get home
View attachment 91718

img_20230706_130258-jpg.91718

How easy is it to change sim card?
Will Lebara start working in Uk before holiday?
So I guess once you are in canada you use mobile to phone wife once you lose her.
Use mobile to phone home to UK
Wow so cheap

Attachments

• IMG_20230706_130258.jpg
    IMG_20230706_130258.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 1
I think the free roaming is in Europe NOT Canada................that is for calls(?)

So if its calls you need then yep but double check for data!

So I guess once you are in canada you use mobile to phone wife once you lose her.
Wow so cheap
Changing a sim is dead easy pop it out and put the new one in. I would take a look at apn settings though as i know sometimes when i have tried different sims these need to be changed.

On the plus point if it works on data i'm on a winner, my regular sim is lebara. i got one of those money-saving expert deals where its was 12gb a month of 1p for 6 months and now its gone to £6.40 per month. Lebara uses the vodafone network and i think its fantastic when you check the speeds against giffgaff. My 2nd sim is 1p mobile.

Wow so cheap
Yes minutes are unlimited, as @Prim@l said, data is not, only for Europe, don't use it in Canada as it's £14.99 per megabyte, luckily it's capped at £42 so you may be able to read one email

Yes minutes are unlimited, as @Prim@l said, data is not, only for Europe, don't use it in Canada as it's £14.99 per megabyte, luckily it's capped at £42 so you may be able to read one email
Canda is really expensive for data i've found that out in the past. Once went with a mifi unit and a canada sim which was a real pain to get to work and the worldsim sims and they worked spot on.

So does that mean we can talk on mobile phone to each other in Toronto?

Can we also talk and text back to UK?

Do not intend using Data.

So does that mean we can talk on mobile phone to each other in Toronto?

Can we also talk and text back to UK?

Do not intend using Data.
I don't think the Lebara deals above are much use for Canada.
Their PAYG deals may be a better option but I've not checked yet

I don't think the Lebara deals above are much use for Canada.
Their PAYG deals may be a better option but I've not checked yet
Edit:

They don't actually offer PAYG packages, once your bundle is used up you automatically go onto PAYG rates but they will warn you first, they don't take PAYG money until you've agreed.
Calls are unlimited to landlines and mobiles so you can't run out of those, data isn't included and it doesn't say texts are included:

Unlimited International mins to 41 countries + 1000 minutes to India
  • Australia,
  • Austria,
  • Belgium,
  • Bulgaria,
  • Canada,
  • China,
  • Croatia,
  • Cyprus,
  • Czech Republic,
  • Denmark,
  • Estonia,
  • Finland,
  • France,
  • Germany,
  • Greece,
  • Hong Kong,
  • Hungary,
  • Iceland,
  • India,
  • Ireland,
  • Israel,
  • Italy,
  • Latvia,
  • Lithuania,
  • Luxembourg,
  • Malaysia,
  • Netherlands,
  • New Zealand,
  • Norway,
  • Poland,
  • Portugal,
  • Romania,
  • Singapore,
  • Slovakia,
  • Slovenia,
  • South Korea,
  • Spain,
  • Sweden,
  • Switzerland,
  • Thailand,
  • Ukraine,
  • United States

Standard mobile calls and landline calls are included in your international minutes monthly allowance.

I didn't edit, I replied to myself, prick.

We are on PAYG with Tesco and 1p.

As I read more on Lebara the £30 unlimited seems to get so confusing.

All I want to do is use our phone's in Canada at a cheaper rate

We are on PAYG with Tesco and 1p.

As I read more on Lebara the £30 unlimited seems to get so confusing.

All I want to do is use our phone's in Canada at a cheaper rate
Yes but canada is different as there are no cheap carriers like there are in the uk. Just get hold of a data sim and use something like whats app to phone each other.

What do you think of PhoneBox.

Attachments

• 51WUjIdnhbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    51WUjIdnhbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 61Ie57Cu8-L._AC_SL1063_.jpg
    61Ie57Cu8-L._AC_SL1063_.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 61Kd9mQ4P8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61Kd9mQ4P8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 61RxuNvq18L._AC_SL1500_.jpg