What satellite lnb do I need

userlee5267

TK Veteran
Hello.

I have sky's basic package with netflix add on. They want from may £48 a month I ain't paying that it's a massive increase from what I'm paying now.

I will have to send the sky q box back I think. So need a lnb suitable for my TV to have free view.

Cheers

Check what lnb you have now if it is a hybrid or a wideband.

You’ll need either a universal or hybrid lnb (if you want to go back to sky q later).

Yes sat tuner built in
Double check menus/manual if it supports wideband LNB. If not, you will need a universal LNB. They are available in Screwfix for roughly £15.

Edit:
Visiblewave 4-Output Universal Quad LNB - Screwfix

But as suggested by Drox, I check your current LNB just in case it has the universal outputs. Sky would have only installed this if you had wires going to a Freesat receiver and you specifically asked for a Hybrid LNB.

Last edited:
Just tried again. Tried both ends of the shotgun cable. And it finds nothing while doing a scan of satellite channels

If I bought a sky q box of eBay.. would that still pick up free view or do they disable it unless you have a subscription of some sort

It should work for FTA satellite. Good luck finding one cheaper than an LNB though. They are leased out and have to be returned.

In the meantime, can you not connect an aerial for Freeview proper? If you don't have an aerial in your loft/roof, there are internal ones.

You keep mixing terms, are you sure you are scanning satellite (uses satellite dish) and not Freeview (uses aerial) You should be able to find some satellite channels even with a wideband LNB.

It should work for FTA satellite. Good luck finding one cheaper than an LNB though. They are leased out and have to be returned.

In the meantime, can you not connect an aerial for Freeview proper? If you don't have an aerial in your loft/roof, there are internal ones.

You keep mixing terms, are you sure you are scanning satellite and not Freeview. You should be able to find some satellite channels.
On the back of my TV there is a space to connect the satellite lead.

When I go into the TV settings it asks to scan for free view satellite channels. the TV as a built in sat receiver.

And this it won't do. It scans all channels that are free on 28.2. but finds nowt. I'm looking for all free to view satellite channels.

I've done this before but had to change the lnb and it worked..

Nothing worked before until I changed the lnb

Back