what serie's are you watching

Vandervalk on tonight might be good watch, showing my age enjoyed the original!
I remember the original, at least in that the actors played the parts in dutch accents, in this reboot the english cast stick to their own accents, there are a few dutch actors in the guest parts to give it a bit of authenticity, but turned it over after 15 mins, killing eve on the bbc has nothing to worry about regards the ratings war.

Gangs of London. I think could be on the list tonight. After reading what others have posted...(y)
Watched the 1st episode last night, gory scenes from the start, but not as good as some people are making it out to be, but it does have the potential to get better, so watch episode 2 later and see how it goes from there.

I remember the original, at least in that the actors played the parts in dutch accents, in this reboot the english cast stick to their own accents, there are a few dutch actors in the guest parts to give it a bit of authenticity, but turned it over after 15 mins, killing eve on the bbc has nothing to worry about regards the ratings war.
Got better as it went along, watched killing eve before it on iplayer! I dont think I would like Marc Warren with a funny Dutch accent!

if anyone is into gangster films/ TV then I suggest you watch "gangsters of London" its ruthless at times but so far its brilliant for me a solid 9/10 atm

just about to start watching this, well later tonight, looks quite good but not sure the mrs will be happy when I turn it on in bed.

I hold my hands up, yep I've tried watching some american shows and they just don't do it for me, absolute crap.
Chernobyl and Jack Ryan complete waste of space on my hard drive, recycle bin emptied immediately.
I don't think you can beat british drama at it's best, maybe I'm too old school and patriotic.
Give me a good story line, action within the first 15 minutes, good story, plenty of twists and edge of seat stuff and I'm all yours lol.

I hold my hands up, yep I've tried watching some american shows and they just don't do it for me, absolute crap.
Chernobyl and Jack Ryan complete waste of space on my hard drive, recycle bin emptied immediately.
I don't think you can beat british drama at it's best, maybe I'm too old school and patriotic.
Give me a good story line, action within the first 15 minutes, good story, plenty of twists and edge of seat stuff and I'm all yours lol.
Did you watch Life On Mars?
That was old school gritty 70's police drama
Found a clip

Last edited:
Did you watch Life On Mars?
That was old school gritty 70's police drama
Found a clip
Funnily enough no I haven't watched it but I do have a copy of it on dvd and actually worked at one of the places they used to film a scene back in 2006 in Stockport.
Was it a forerunner to Ashes to Ashes?

Funnily enough no I haven't watched it but I do have a copy of it on dvd and actually worked at one of the places they used to film a scene back in 2006 in Stockport.
Was it a forerunner to Ashes to Ashes?
Yes it was the original series, Ashes to Ashes was the second series

Just finished these two:-

Series 2 of After Life. I thought Paul Kaye was hilarious as the psychoanalyst!

Gangs of London. enjoyed that even if the leading ‘hard case’ seemed to be cast wrongly He appeared a bit of a wimp!

Just finished these two:-

Series 2 of After Life. I thought Paul Kaye was hilarious as the psychoanalyst!

Gangs of London. enjoyed that even if the leading ‘hard case’ seemed to be cast wrongly He appeared a bit of a wimp!
They should have swapped Marc Warren from Van Der Valk would have been a good move!

Second series of Blood on 5 started last night, really good watch. On all week as well!
Everybody seemed to have the right accent!!

There were 2 seasons of Life on mars, set in 1973 to 74, then there were 3 seasons of Ashes to ashes, which was set in 1981 to start with. The good news for fans is that another series of Life on mars is scheduled to be made, filming was supposed to be starting in August 2020, but will be probaly be held up a bit due to the current climate, but it will start at some point in 2020, the series will be set in the late seventies, going into the early 1980's and fans will be able to find out what happens with Sam Tyler and Annie.

I am neither from Sunderland nor a football supporter. But Sunderland til I die on Netflix has my attention right now. Those die hard Mackem's are wonderful tolerant people and I feel their pain :sick:

Been to a few sunderland games over the years,my old man was a sunderland fanatic, we took him over a few times to watch them, always stayed in Newcastle when we were there though, fans of both those teams are supporters through and through, no matter what league they would be in,

Back