What To Replace Liteon Drive With

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
I did my nephews XBOX (PHAT/fat) a while ago, and his XBOX has a Liteon Drive, but I don't know which Liteon Drive it was, I do know that I had to do a trace cut, then use the CK3 probe to flash it.
now his laser is acting up, apparently it is ruining discs, both original and Backup discs.
the question is this, can I just get any Liteon drive as a replacement, or does it have to be the same model number? I have the keys and OFW stored, so no problem there.
If I can just get any Liteon drive, which would you recommend for a spaz like me, and do you have any source that is better than others??
I have one priced at £26.99
Code:
http://www.ck3.co.uk/360-dvd-drives/

Any better offers??

I know it is a lot of questions, but all help appreciated

As far as I know wheelo you can use any liteon drive for replacement. That price seems good and your better off buying from someone like ck3 for reliability.

HTC Desire S~Tapatalk

Thanks Axxxo, that's what I thought, I will be that Guinea Pig and find out, it is only a pity I t couldn't have been a benq, i have one here.
Axxxo, or anyone, which is the liteon drive that is easiest, Ie doesn't need a trace cut or a LT+ switch, although, i have done a trace cut, and didn't find it too daunting.

Go with the 74850c, need to get one myself actually, the drive is not recognised in mine anymore, think there's a bad solder joint somewhere after i got the lt chip in but i aint going messing with that, easier now just to replece it

Back