What's the best image for a h1 on cable?

Hi I found out I had a virus on my h1 a couple of weeks back, after reading up on it on here it said to reflash the box. So far I've tried a few different images but I've been unable to get them working.

I tried wooshbuild but it wouldn't accept my cbline on the line input software, I tried a sucmnsee one (which I had running fine up until the virus) but I could only receive FTA channels and I have last tried bioheads image but I'm unable to flash it using this ( I've done a proper fat32 format on two different USBs)

Anyways I'm trying to set up for cable, and I have a c line to input. Like I said One of the issues I had was inputting the line on the other images one of them didn't have an option to use cc cam.

If anybody could point me in the right direction for which image to use that would be great. Thanks

how did you get a virus and how did you know ? I'm interested I have 3 zgemmas ....2 are running old sucmnsee vix backups and the other one box uses openATV 5.3
when vix started to not work any more with the download plugins I decided to install a fresh barebones openatv install on one of my boxs as an experiment.

I used a guide called "barebones-openatv-setup-guide-and-glossary" by Kidda from his webpage the guy who made the skins on the forum,
its pretty easy to setup from scratch.
I started from scratch because I wanted to use the old sky skin by fraggle and also wanted to learn a little more.( now I have openatv looking just like the old versions of sucmnsee images using the fraggle skin.

I you sure your cable man said to use ccam for cable setup ? as I've only used ccam for sky ,
always been N lines using mgcamd for cable ...only once testing I think I used ccam for cable side
What software you using to install your line? I use FileZilla

Hi thanks for your reply, I got a letter from my cable provider saying there was a virus on one of the devices using my network. I had checked everything else so I think it must have been the zgemma.

As to why I got the virus I had been trying to view my zgemma Remotely , I'd opened ports and I suspect that this is how I got the virus.

Yeah I've been using filezilla to put the line in, I'm sure it was cc-c last time. I renewed my sub recently because it has been spot on. Ian that rare then to have a c line for a cable sub?

and Thanks for your reply; I'll give it a go when I get a minute.

how did you get a virus and how did you know ? I'm interested I have 3 zgemmas ....2 are running old sucmnsee vix backups and the other one box uses openATV 5.3
when vix started to not work any more with the download plugins I decided to install a fresh barebones openatv install on one of my boxs as an experiment.

I used a guide called "barebones-openatv-setup-guide-and-glossary" by Kidda from his webpage the guy who made the skins on the forum,
its pretty easy to setup from scratch.
I started from scratch because I wanted to use the old sky skin by fraggle and also wanted to learn a little more.( now I have openatv looking just like the old versions of sucmnsee images using the fraggle skin.

I you sure your cable man said to use ccam for cable setup ? as I've only used ccam for sky ,
always been N lines using mgcamd for cable ...only once testing I think I used ccam for cable side
What software you using to install your line? I use FileZilla
Hi thanks

Yeah I've been using filezilla to put the line in, I'm sure it was cc-c last time. I renewed my sub recently because it has been spot on. Ian that rare then to have a c line for a cable sub?

Cable sub providers don't generally like you to use C lines with their servers I've found. Sure it's not a sat sub you've got buddy? Does the line start "CWS="?

Last edited:
Cable sub providers don't generally like you to use C lines with their servers I've found. Sure it's not a sat sub you've got buddy? Does the line start "CWS="?
I have only have a cable connection, My line starts with C:

Might be why I'm having issues inputting it, I've been trying to put in in to CCcam and at the moment I'm only receiving FTA channels do you know if this is the correct place to input this line?

Cheers mate

try putting your cable line details in the "newcamd.list" file starting with CWS=
Just delete the beginning part of your line C: and put CWS: instead .... should look something like this
CWS= servername.com port name password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
You will find this newcamd.list file using Filezilla by clicking the folders
usr / keys / newcamd.list

and make sure your running mgcamd
press the blue button on the remote for the softcam setup and start or restart your mgcamd cam , enable startup

Last edited:
Sorted, it was a C: line after all. I was just putting it in the wrong place. I had put it in the keys folder but it only needed to go in the etc folder. Thanks for your help

Back