Whats the big deal about MAG BOX?

Ok folks i am about to ditch my Zgemma h2s in favour of a 256 box as i only have an IPTV sub running in the H2s ..Now am i wasting money on this or is it the better option than the Hs2 ....Thoughts ..

We have had this discussion in another thread and yes you do have to record on a 256 from the inner portal with a multiroom sub and in my opinion the 256 is superior to the other mag boxes because I know from personal experience that it is faster at channel changing and going through the tv guide and the main thing is that it plays the newer codecs that the 254/250 can't and never will be able to more and more suppliers are starting to use for VOD and for the problems to be ironed out that you mention if you could give some indication of what problems you are having then maybe I could be of some assistance or are the problems you refer to that you just can not record through the stalker portal, the link you posted is just 1 person asking the question on the infomir site as I myself don't see any problems on my box that need to be ironed out, and don' take this the wrong way as I genuinely have no way of telling but do you just use techkings for your information as when it comes to iptv there are far more informative sites on the internet and if you are using a decent supplier they will have their own user forums for any problems you are facing. There could be numerous factors why you cant record like do you have multiroom, may be some settings are not correct on the box, have you checked you have a genuine box not a clone have you tried different usb's are just a few and the reason I had to post about your comments is that personally to me they have started to sound like rants rather than giving people interested in mag boxes genuine good advice and letting them make an informed decision like telling them a smart tv app can do the same thing. I personally use a smart tv app on LG 4k smart tv, Nvidia Shield tv using perfect player and dedicated app from supplier, mag 254 and mag 256 and for ease of use, ease of set up,family friendly device and full features personally I think the mag 256 is by far the best device.
Ok yozz68
I think i have found why i cant record on my mag 256.
When i go into the inner portal/record manager. There are 2 triangles with an exclamation point. When i press the info button. Under status its says " Wrong URL." So im guessing there is something wrong with the m3u file.
The box was bought from WOS so i assume it has to be legit.There is a fbook page for support. When i posted on the fbook support page 'i cannot record on my mag box'..another user said he recorded the F1 on his mag254 with no problems from the stalker page.
Im not fussed about accessing vod . I have terabytes of my own movies that i can stream throughout the house.
Do you think this is where the problem is?
Thanks

I purchased mine from WOS. It better be genuine. I was told to make sure that it had a european 2 pin plug..witha UK adapter. As for where to buy it..i would suggest you email WOS first..amd sking them if the box is 100% genuine. As for the others you mentioned,ive never dealt with them..so cannot give my opinion. Ask others also where they bought their mag boxes from.
Hope you find a genuine one
Good luck

Have bought mine from www.iptv.co.uk and they are genuine and reasonably priced, WOS and max digital only sell genuine mag boxes, ebay is full of knock off 250's as the official 250 is now discontinued

Mag boxes are made by Infomir https://www.infomir.eu/eng/products/iptv-stb/mag-257/

In Germany and on Infomir page under recommended sellers it lists only 2 shops who are genuine resellers of Mag and these recommened resellers are

http://www.max-digital.co.uk/

and

http://www.iptvuk.co.uk/

Only problem is MAG256w2 is sold out at both the resellers mentioned above, which means the MAG256w1 has now been superceded by the MAG256w2

Will ring World Of Sat and see if the Mag 256 they sell is genuine

I purchased mine from WOS. It better be genuine. I was told to make sure that it had a european 2 pin plug..witha UK adapter. As for where to buy it..i would suggest you email WOS first..amd sking them if the box is 100% genuine. As for the others you mentioned,ive never dealt with them..so cannot give my opinion. Ask others also where they bought their mag boxes from.
Hope you find a genuine one
Good luck

I source my mags from a genuine seller here in Ireland, loads of clones around

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The MAG256w2 is sold out, thats the one I want. Whats the service like from iptv and how long did delivery take, does it come with the HDMI lead, Remote and UK plusg?
Have bought mine from www.iptv.co.uk and they are genuine and reasonably priced, WOS and max digital only sell genuine mag boxes, ebay is full of knock off 250's as the official 250 is now discontinued

So you can't access VOD? is the box genuine you got from World of Sat?
VOD is a must have, if you spent money on a Mag 256

Ok yozz68
I think i have found why i cant record on my mag 256.
When i go into the inner portal/record manager. There are 2 triangles with an exclamation point. When i press the info button. Under status its says " Wrong URL." So im guessing there is something wrong with the m3u file.
The box was bought from WOS so i assume it has to be legit.There is a fbook page for support. When i posted on the fbook support page 'i cannot record on my mag box'..another user said he recorded the F1 on his mag254 with no problems from the stalker page.
Im not fussed about accessing vod . I have terabytes of my own movies that i can stream throughout the house.
Do you think this is where the problem is?
Thanks

The MAG256w2 is sold out, thats the one I want. Whats the service like from iptv and how long did delivery take, does it come with the HDMI lead, Remote and UK plusg?
Should come with hdmi remote EU plug but you can get an adaptor on the site or buy one locally they are only a couple of pound and everything I have ordered from them arrived in 48hrs if it was in stock

Sent from my Vivo 6 using Tapatalk

Genuine should have an "infomir made in the Ukraine" holographic sticker on the underneath

And an EU plug means it's genuine as those are the only official adaptors, 3 pin UK ones are available on eBay

Thats correct
My box does have a holographic sticker with made in ukraine on it. So i would.nt worry about buying from WOS.
cheers

Back