What's the point?

What is the point of asking for a free trial only to be told that you cannot have a trial on a day when live football matches are being played?
How can you see if the server can cope with providing you with a good service during the busy periods when tests are not allowed? I do not understand this attitude except the provider must know they will get issues during these popular periods which will reflect on their worth.
Its during the busy periods of live football matches that I get buffering so why would I take out a new subscription if I cannot get some assurance that this issue will be greatly reduced compared to my existing provider?

What is the point of asking for a free trial only to be told that you cannot have a trial on a day when live football matches are being played?
How can you see if the server can cope with providing you with a good service during the busy periods when tests are not allowed? I do not understand this attitude except the provider must know they will get issues during these popular periods which will reflect on their worth.
Its during the busy periods of live football matches that I get buffering so why would I take out a new subscription if I cannot get some assurance that this issue will be greatly reduced compared to my existing provider?
Its not rocket science only use providers who give trials at peak times. Low or zero posters saying that i bet.

Yes I have had several saying that and have dismissed them but its a shame that they are allowed to offer their services if they know they are poor quality but hey the way of the world I guess.
I will ask in future to only offer me a trial if I can test it under the busiest conditions

Yes I have had several saying that and have dismissed them but its a shame that they are allowed to offer their services if they know they are poor quality but hey the way of the world I guess.
I will ask in future to only offer me a trial if I can test it under the busiest conditions
Do a trial during the week when football is on and take a monthly sub if you like it. They are resellers offering no trials on weekends or they get charged for doing them.

Because it costs server owners too much money. They would need to buy a extra server just to cope with trials. Trials may be free to end user but for someone who owns a server they are not

You can always see if they can do a hour long trial or something just to give you an idea maybe.

I’ve had trials in the past where they actually disable certain stuff, like PPVs during trials. I guess it’s to prevent people from just abusing trials and getting premium channels without paying, which sucks, but I get it.

A lot of times though these services are cheap enough you can just plunk down for a month and if it sucks, oh well you’re not out that much money.

Do a trial during the week when football is on and take a monthly sub if you like it. They are resellers offering no trials on weekends or they get charged for doing them.
I don't know many servers that will give you a test when 3pm matches are getting played.

Demand is that high am surprised servers give free trials at all. A month for a tenner or so is surely a better way for a prospective buyer to check out the sub. That's what I would do anyway. Am no interested in having a day or two free.
That is the best test mate.

Demand is that high am surprised servers give free trials at all. A month for a tenner or so is surely a better way for a prospective buyer to check out the sub. That's what I would do anyway. Am no interested in having a day or two free.
Nice to see what a provider offers first there is some crap out there.

I would say many suppliers are worried that they are selling to a sky "agent" who will try and block 3pms on their server. Some suppliers will do a "ppv trial" that you pay for during a big event, which is usually a few quid. This can be a good way to gauge a server too

Why would a provider give a trial when football is on so end users can get their free 24hr of football.
Most providers are moving away from sports on trials as there getting fed up with trial hoppers

Back