Where'd everybody go?

I agree with the above and as has been suggested elsewhere I think it's other IPTV providers causing this.
And I think I know who is behind it

To protect your supplier or yourself ? I have been using IPTV fpr probably as long as anyone on here and never used a vpn.

A few years back Sky were throttling my speeds at peak times, iptv used to buffer and when I ran a speed test that did three tests in quick succession it showed my speeds were up and down massively. So I changed isp and from that point always ran every illegal streaming app through a vpn and never had any issues since.

The new methods been used isn’t as easy fix or would’ve been sorted in no time

Word in the upper echelons of the iptv scene is that it's not a huge problem and no worse than issues we've overcome before, it'll be sorted.

Interesting the thought process on it being providers hitting other providers.
Not sure I believe DDOS attacks would be done on entire DC's with the view of getting IPTV providers on-prem. Perhaps collateral damage but seems abit far fetched otherwise.
You would need a serious outfit and/or money and/or balls and/or throughput to be able to take one out in this day and age and even if you did, their redundancy/resiliency is usually on point...... unless a DC means a flat in Norwich with server racks in it

Word in the upper echelons of the iptv scene is that it's not a huge problem and no worse than issues we've overcome before, it'll be sorted.
Well they don’t know what there on about if wasn’t a huge problem then there would’ve been a fix instantly.
I’m not going or willing to go into detail on an open forum wouldn’t be right l.
Interesting the thought process on it being providers hitting other providers.
Not sure I believe DDOS attacks would be done on entire DC's with the view of getting IPTV providers on-prem. Perhaps collateral damage but seems abit far fetched otherwise.
You would need a serious outfit and/or money and/or balls and/or throughput to be able to take one out in this day and age and even if you did, their redundancy/resiliency is usually on point...... unless a DC means a flat in Norwich with server racks in it
there not after the iptv providers as it’s not them solely targeted with these attacks

It was I said it's probably a dc issue. They won't attack a whole data centre just because they supy iptv servers. Because legitimate business will still be there
Which is why it's obvious it's not sky etc causing the issues, they wouldn't target a DC because it would affect other businesses, someone who doesn't care about those would target the entire DC because it's a small price to pay if they think they can make a few more quid to snort up their oversized noses

But when dc are getting attacked and services are dropping offline what use is a vpn………0.
The new methods been used isn’t as easy fix or would’ve been sorted in no time obviously people will speculate that it’s the powers that be but personally it’s not imo as they would’ve implemented these tactics ages ago.

I’ve never used a vpn for anything don’t see point as they all store logs even the ones that say they don’t.
Also when services has dropped with the attacks a vpn is no good as there is no service to connect to
That is incorrect bazz Express VPN have been tested in court they don't keep logs

Yes you are correct about ddos attacks. The reality is unfortunately servers maiy get caught by irresponsible resellers or the said bad resellers cause issues for server owner.

So If a server just for said evreybody use a VPN I am not saying there would be no issues but there would be far fewer.

Last edited:
Back