Which box for a beginner on a budget of £40 - £100?

Hi Forcefire,
I had a sky engineer come to align my sky dish 2 months ago but instead of aligning the dish he installed a new dish and LNB.
I got a box about 6 weeks ago installed everything I would need to get going but on some channels like Chelsea TV there was a 'No Signal' coming up.
I posted on this site and was advised to get one of these adaptors. And all works well. (All Channels)

Why are you recommending no signal fix for him?
imho its not necessary, from what he's said......

---------- Post Merged at 12:48 PM ----------

Cheers, can anybody provide a link to the exact adaptor I require? Don't want to buy the wrong one. Hoping to have this set up for the weekend coming.

Armie did u buy a v8 combo or a v8s? Any chance you could post a picture of the back of box? That way easier.

Any connection on back that says loop out or lnb out should be left empty at least to start.

Top one is v8s. Bottom v8 combo

It's the V8S I have mate.

I've bought the adapter now, only £3 so if I don't need it, it's no big deal.

I also grabbed the "Dummies Guide" to setting up I found on here which looks pretty good and hopefully pretty straightforward.

Just need a CLine, but I'll give you guys a shout later in the week when I get a chance to have a go at setting it up.

Cheers.

Hi Forcefire,
I had a sky engineer come to align my sky dish 2 months ago but instead of aligning the dish he installed a new dish and LNB.
I got a box about 6 weeks ago installed everything I would need to get going but on some channels like Chelsea TV there was a 'No Signal' coming up.
I posted on this site and was advised to get one of these adaptors. And all works well. (All Channels)

Yes but he hasnt reported this problem so prob doesnt need it.

Hi Forcefire,

I wasn't saying anything nasty towards you, just wondering why you said he needed one when he'd not reported any problems thats all, seems a waste of money to suggest. I understand your trying to help :)

You need only 1, an nline uses mgcamd to run and a cline uses CCcam to run. Most suppliers will supply you with a nline as they are better.

I've sent you a PM with my supplier details, fair price and reliable service and support.

Hi, can you also send me the supplier details please? My subscription just ran out on my skyboxf5s and need new subscription. Thanks pal

I understood he wanted twin tuner recording box to replace the + box when sky cancelled lol
and cant figure out what kind of adapter youd need. It should just be case of unplug 1 cable from tuner 2 on + box and put in lnb in on v8s. Then turn + box to single tuner mode? Using the loop seems like a waste of time if cancelling sky anyway. Imho :)

armie79. If you have a V8s, then it should have the same (F type screw) connector as your $ly+ box, as shown in sucmnsee's upper photo.

Could you post a photo of your box, or post a link to a photo on the internet.

Satellite receivers always use the F type connector for LNB input. The other type of connector (push on Belling Lee UHF coax TV type) is used for terrestrial TV tuners, or sometimes cable tuners.

How many connectors do you have on the back & how are they labeled?

I remember when I setup my V8s everything including NLine, I sat down to watch and found a lot of channels showing 'No Signal' when asking on this site on how to resolve, The information I was giving after all types of things to do, was to get a 'No Signal Fix' adaptor. It was sheer joy to have all channels. I mentioned this in the post just to explain that if they had this problem, that this is the solution. I'm not the seller of these items just trying to help someone with the same problem as I had.

armie79. If you have a V8s, then it should have the same (F type screw) connector as your $ly+ box, as shown in sucmnsee's upper photo.

Could you post a photo of your box, or post a link to a photo on the internet.

Satellite receivers always use the F type connector for LNB input. The other type of connector (push on Belling Lee UHF coax TV type) is used for terrestrial TV tuners, or sometimes cable tuners.

How many connectors do you have on the back & how are they labeled?

Sorry for the confusion guys, no need for a picture as it will screw right on to the LNB connection. Gonna have a go tomorrow night at setting it up so I will fire up a request for a CLine in the appropriate thread.

Cheers.

Back