Which box is best for IPTV?

ritchaldo

Hi folks,

I previously used the Openbox V8S for my C-Lines, but as we all know, that service has had it's day. Now I am looking to branch into IPTV, and I am curious which setup is best?

Using Openbox V8S - WebTV app (although I used a trail and it froze my box several times - firmware issue???)
MAG 254 Box
ZGemma H2
Using Plex on PS4

All of the above are options I can do, but what would the pro's recommend?

My main usage would be UK & American Sport, Movies, etc.

Obvs I still need to buy a nice warranty for my IPTV...

Thanks in advance!

The mag box 254 is very good, I also have a zgemma h2s and if you already have that box it will work fine and also will give you the ability to record. I rate my current iptv sub as better than cs. If you need a new box take a look at the zgemma i55 as that is a proper iptv box and you can load an image on to it like the zgemma h2s and record.

I use Mag254 in kitchen and the Smart tv app in living room - Mag 254 better for VOD but smart tv better for watching tv (changing channels, finding channels easier/quicker)

Not a lot of difference to be fair. You'll not go wrong with a Mag box

The mag box 254 is very good, I also have a zgemma h2s and if you already have that box it will work fine and also will give you the ability to record. I rate my current iptv sub as better than cs. If you need a new box take a look at the zgemma i55 as that is a proper iptv box and you can load an image on to it like the zgemma h2s and record.

Is the zgemma i55 hard to set up? Recording some stuff (wrestling mainly) is the only real thing i miss from c/s

Not really . You add the right image and then as long as you know how to ftp to the box your away. I have the H2s and it plays iptv brilliant, much better than cs. I also have it as multiroom so can record one programme and watch another at the same time. I also have the mag 254 and i agree it's a great little box but unless the server has record activated on it(which most don't) you can't. The sub i have also has full epg for most uk channels which means you can timer record.

Hello all

Which box is better as far as u all know for the least amount of buffering/streaming

I kind of like the zgemma boxes as I use 2s when we had card sharing the TV guide so u could see what's on through out the day & week ahead

But now going to buy 2 new iptv lines with boxes I just can't decide any help & information will be grateful

Buffering can be a variety of things and the box is just one. You internet speed, ping , wired or wi-fi, all play a part but in my experience even if you've got all those right a lot comes down to your iptv supplier. I have tried various ones with huge difference in results but feel i've got a good one now. In terms of boxes if you want to record i'd go for zgemma i55 if recording is not important a mag 254 or 256 would suite your needs

Id recomend a zgemma h2h,h5 or i55 with ipab image installed works great with a decent iptv provider ,and easy to install ive heard the mag boxes are good.but not sure if you can run ipab on them its good to have the virmin sly epg and skin

Back