Which box?

ninja

Hi Everyone

Newbie here so please be gentle.
I am looking to get into cardsharing for a while now and I think I am ready to take the plunge. Until now I was advised that a Icecrypt s3500hdcci was a good box to get, but after reading some of the reviews on this forum on the Blade Media BM7000s which I also now like I am confused to which one to get.

Can any of you expert's advise please which would be the best box to go for or even any other ones out there.

I really just want something easy to setup for Uk card sharing but also is of good quality.

Hi Ninja

What is it about the those two boxes that makes you choose one of them over a Skybox model?

My friend has a Skybox but it has very limited connections on it. No optical out no usbs etc. I don't know if it was just the model he has. I looked at these and i was advsied to get the icecrypt.

I have used the skybox f3 and F5 , both are good value for money, easy to update via usb.
Again it all depends what you are looking to do with your box ;) if its just for CS then a skybox is
less brain damage for a newbie.

Can't comment on the icecrypt, but there is not much info on this forum on them
so if you get stuck setting up you may be proper stuck.

Blade is a very good box, picture quality great, you can run surround sound off them.

7 day Epg, 1 button timer record function.

Easy setup, plenty of help about.

Helpful replies guys I hadn't even considered the surround sound options and more importantly the knowledge base available when your choice of hardware decides to take a dump on you. ;)

remember blade is a closed source box so any updates they have to do,an open sourced box like a vu you could have 4 different teams writing programs.
if you want to record i would suggest a twin tuner box,and with the future unknown be thinking of a motorised dish to cover more sats. most people like to connect to surround sound and have been disappointed ,so think what you want first as its easier to run 2 sat cables into room rather than adding a second cable at a later date.

For entry level I would go for a skybox F3/F5 but if you have a bit more money to play around with - then jump in the deep end and go for an original Vu+ box

Ive been contemplating which box to get for a couple of weeks and tried reading round to gather as much info as possible, no doubt skyboxes are cheapest easiest option but after looking at the linux scene(7 day epg plugins, 1 channel plugins, auto bouquet plugins, different skins, multi team support etc) im getting a linux box. Pick your budget and get the best box you can afford at the end of the day

good on ya! go for it ! be brave you wont regret all the sleepless nights and forum comments you will have to do to get it spot on lol only joking linux is the way to go with 120cm motorised dish watching all the prem matches on viasat and jsc.

Last edited:
@sb yeh lol tbh i like a challenge and i got plenty of anadin stocked up for when i finally decide which one to go for, was gonna jump in and get the amiko 8900 but after reading around it looks too much pain even for me, liking the look of the maxdigital xp1000 atm though, can get it for 134 quid

its same as anything new its hard at first mistakes are made, wrong advice followed :whistling: but you get there in the end and look and think why did i mess around with cheap closed source satboxes in the first place.i get my 12yr old daughter set up my linux boxes for me lol she did it for school project,teachers were well impressed and she made a fortune out of them lol thats proper education for you, but its all good fun. seems like there are new boxes comming out every day now.

Last edited:
i get my 12yr old daughter set up my linux boxes for me she did it for school project,teachers were well impressed and she made a fortune out of them thats proper education for you
yeh too true, my 10 year old lad is running his own minecraft server. Amazing how they just jump straight into things without spending ages for it too sink in like i do, mind you they are introduced to technology at such a young age its just second nature for them. Bet my lad couldnt make a dutch arrow, stilts or a go kart out of a pram and fence panels like me as a kid though lol

you ask them to go camping and set up a tent they dont have a clue! when they go they want to take laptops and mobiles and them handheld thingy games they play on what a sad life they have!!!

Get a Blade.. No question. Best box out there, it really is. You won't regret it. Simple, rock solid, and awesome HD.

Already got a maxdigital xp1000 and got to say its brilliant, would recommend to anyone who wants more features than a blade for a fully functioning enigma2 box under 140quid

Last edited:
Back