Which boxes match source resolution/refresh?

MrIan

I have started a couple threads related to this but not discovered much. I am looking for input from box owners/users who have first hand experience.

My Zgemma running Open ATV has 4 screens that allow me to set the output resolution.

Fixed: I can set the output resolution and refresh rate to match the display - the Zgemma does the conversion
Simple: I can set a broad range of souce resoltions and refresh rates to output at different resolutions and refresh rates
Native: the output largely matches the source resolution/refresh rate but low resolution low refresh rate output ( eg 576/25) can be adjusted in the box
Full: all outputs are passsed to the dispay - no conversion is done in the zgemma

I find Native, then simple are the best options.

Fixed: picture quality is poor when the box has to do any conversion
Native/Simple: allows most source signals to be converted in the display which I find gives the best picture quality
Full: causes dropouts when the refresh rate changes, which it often does on live tv

I am interested to know which, if any, Andriod boxes offer the same or similar firmware based options and if similar what they offer.

To start the ball rolling.....

FIRE STICK 4k
UNABLE TO SET OUTPUT TO MATCH SOURCE RESOLUTION/REFRESH RATE

Auto - sets fixed output resolution/refresh rate to match the maximum your display will accept, up to 2160/60
Fixed - you can set the output resolution/refresh rate
Match Refresh Rate - on auto the box will match refresh rate but only with appropriatate software - I cant get it to work

Last edited:
Back