Which boxes should I consider?

I'm upgrading to a good 4k hdr capable TV and I'm looking for a box that can let me to continue streaming my 1080p files on Plex, 4k hdr files locally through an external hard drive (connection is too slow for 4k remux streaming) and YouTube 4k hdr.

I know the Nvidia shield pro is the best option, but if I can get something that works well and will continue to be reliable, for half the cost or less then I'd rather consider that. So far, I've been thinking about the Beelink GT King and the Ugoos X3 Pro. Does anyone have experience with any of these devices? Or is there another that I should consider?

I'm upgrading to a good 4k hdr capable TV and I'm looking for a box that can let me to continue streaming my 1080p files on Plex, 4k hdr files locally through an external hard drive (connection is too slow for 4k remux streaming) and YouTube 4k hdr.

I know the Nvidia shield pro is the best option, but if I can get something that works well and will continue to be reliable, for half the cost or less then I'd rather consider that. So far, I've been thinking about the Beelink GT King and the Ugoos X3 Pro. Does anyone have experience with any of these devices? Or is there another that I should consider?

Just depends what youre willing to spend really m8.
If youre not wanting to spend much and are on a tight budget, there are some ok entry range boxes out there that will get the job done, for example the h6 mini, tanix tx6 .
If youre willing to spend a bit more then there is the firetv 2nd gen box and a bit pricier beelink gt/ gt-king upwards to the nvidia shield / shield pro and the beelink HD HIFI /Android combo if youre not afraid of the price ( or the other half)

have a look on youtube at the buzztv st4000 vid stick similer to a fire stick but android based and only £60

Depends on budget really.
have a look at our forum sponsor @Kuul Media and as @marcoose has mentioned the vid stick for price and specs and performance beats a 4k stick hands down really nice layout android 9 there is cheaper boxes but worth checking forum sponsor out as there is dedicated support for the buzz range

have a look on youtube at the buzztv st4000 vid stick similer to a fire stick but android based and only £60
I have had the st4000 for a little over a month, the bluetooth remote does not work period you need a universal to set it up and switch then somehow pair the remote then unpair it to use the remote with the ir extender. I have contacted buzz and they are aware of the problem they just dont have a fix. I may send it back.

I have had the st4000 for a little over a month, the bluetooth remote does not work period you need a universal to set it up and switch then somehow pair the remote then unpair it to use the remote with the ir extender. I have contacted buzz and they are aware of the problem they just dont have a fix. I may send it back.

PM us your serial or MAC address we should be able to resolve this issue as it might be the small batch of sticks we received that had this issue. Right now all resolved. Tomorrow we can check our records whether yours is this small batch.

Hi Mr Hanky sorry we didn’t check our notifications on TK. Tomorrow we’ve flagged your PM so we can update you with details.

Back