Which broadband for IPTV

Hi,

Currently with Vodafone broadband using a VPN and had no issues with IPTV - had them without the VPN on. Contract is up and prices going up.

Whats best broadband for IPTV?

Sky fibre max for £27
EE Super fast 1 150mb for £40
Vodafone Superfast 2 for £24

Thanks

I'm with sly and have no problems had ee and had no problems other people may differ I know a few members have had problems with Vodafone for iptv throttleing their speeds when using iptv

Thanks bazcfc1, yes a few months ago with vodafone iptv was buffering and crawling along and speed testing was 6mb - put the vpn on and everything was working perfectly so i think they are definately throttling iptv. Was going to go to sky but just thought i would check people's experiences first incase there were any to avoid.

Hi,

Currently with Vodafone broadband using a VPN and had no issues with IPTV - had them without the VPN on. Contract is up and prices going up.

Whats best broadband for IPTV?

Sky fibre max for £27
EE Super fast 1 150mb for £40
Vodafone Superfast 2 for £24

Thanks
Vodafone Gigabit Broadband. I am getting more than 1gb wired and almost 500mbps wireless. Vodafone has started a Gigabit price war in Ireland with providers offering Gigabit from only €10 month. All thanks to the EU Broadband policy.
Connectivity for a European Gigabit Society - Digital Single Market - European Commission

I used to be with Sky no problems, moved to BT because of price hitch still no problems, increase from 30 to 50mbs plus £80 gift card and free Samsung tab for £29.99 month !! I know there are cheaper out there but you need a interpreter when you need support from a lot of them!!

We are on BT. If vodafone find out you are using IPTV they will throttle your speeds., that is what they did with us.
Not sure what "throttle your speeds" means but I pay for and Vodafone provides Gigabit Broadband, and I don't think they care whether I use it for web browsing, emailing, gaming or streaming as long as I pay the bill and they get a return on their investment..

Not sure what "throttle your speeds" means but I pay for and Vodafone provides Gigabit Broadband, and I don't think they care whether I use it for web browsing, emailing, gaming or streaming as long as I pay the bill and they get a return on their investment..
If they find out you are using iptv they will slow down your speeds. You must be one of the lucky ones.

Avoid Vodafone in the uk. Mine was fine for months. Then they started to throttle me that much hit even YouTube would work, took me months to get rid, eventually after going through ceo’s and resolver website someone actually phoned me up from Vodafone and said there well over subscribed for my area and won’t be fixed any time soon. Reading comments on here seems like Vodafone have over sold all over the country. Horrible call centre for help also very clueless people.

I’m with sly fibre and we got sky q with movies and hd for around £49 and it’s shit hot, will be moving providers though as the package after the contract is nearing £80

Avoid Voda at all costs! previously with them, was getting 75mbps but IPTV continuously lagging.

Moved over to BT super fibre, no problems what so ever.

One thing which could help is BT will pay off your existing contract, so you can move mid contract, and they always have a deal where they give you a smart device and a prepaid mastercard. defo worth checking out

Got my daughter a broadband with SSE (BT Wholesale fibre) 53mbps and it works just fine with IPTV, no issues at all. Very good price too.

Back