Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Everyday Product Has A 4750% Price Markup?

moh

Deleted, at user's request.
Unless you are a man with a beard, the chances are you are being ripped off by razors - and not just in front of the mirror every morning.
The ridiculously huge mark-up on the price of razor heads means you could pay up to £2.43 for a razor head which costs just 5p to produce - a mark-up of nearly 5000%.

Now the cost of shaving products in supermarkets is under investigation by the Office of Fair Trading which believes manufacturers and retailers are in cahoots over cut throat prices.
A pack of eight Gillette's Fusion Power cartridges costs £18.53, and the replacement razor heads are so expensive that they are now the most shoplifted product in the high street and usually come with security tags attached. A pack of four Fusion Power cartridges costs only 20p to manufacture, plus 8p for packaging. But they are sold for £9.72. A recent Which? survey praised Gillette's products but gave a 'Best Buy' rating to the King of Shaves Razor. Its four cartridge refill pack comes in at a much cheaper £4.88. Tesco's Matrix system, which has a triple blade head, has also won plaudits. A four cartridge refill costs only £2.20.

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
Forum Supporter
I hate shaving..........it is a chore everytime, so i use the 20 x three bladed pack from lidl or aldi will adjust when i remember which. it does me rather thatn buy blades for 25 or 16 euro