Which Firmware?

p17blo

Hi all, I recently took the plunge to upgrade from my Skybox to a ZGemma H2S. I've been reading through these threads with interest. What would you propose if I wanted to get my box up and running with the least possible hassle, with the Slyk Skin and ready to accept an N Line?

Also, can someone explain to be what Picons are? I found some documentation and links some files, but a (Critical?) picsons zip folder seems to be missing - Do I need them?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hi, for what you're looking for you should try one of the backup images on here. Those are images that someone else has built up so you can just flash them direct on to your box. You'll find them in the sticky topics I think. Just make sure the one you use is suitable for the H2S model.

Picons are just pretty little pictures that you can put on your EPG and stuff to show the logos for channels like BBC1, Sky1, etc. They're not needed and I don't use them cos Sky don't. HTH.

Thanks for the quick replies - I don't seem to be able to download that image - Is that because I am a new member here? What do I need to do to enable the download?

Re Picons - Can I download them anywhere? I like pretty icons

I'm pretty sure woosh will have included picons within the image.
If not, you can download from from your box as an addon

Kieron

I've just got me one of these H2S boxes - not even switched it on yet.
Is this the recommended image to use with this model and should I flash it immediately. Or is it OK to try my box out as is first then flash with this image ?

Turn it on, try it out, read Kiddac's great setup guide (search for it) and then do what you will. You can flash it time and time again, but depending on what image you use depends on how many and what steps you have to follow. You can always make your own backup image once you are happy and always re-flash using that.

These boxes are great and so much more than a box to watch TV on.

Have fun playing.

Back