WooshBuild whooshbuild infinity installation error - I'm going potty not being able to fix this.

THXuk

Hi All

I have been out the sat game for over a year and was running an old version built based on openatv 6*.

I decided its time for a fresh install, as when I checked for updates it says there are too many and box could fail. From the two builds, the zgemma H7S did not recognise the files on the USB that were labelled openatv-7.0-zgemmah7-20221101_multi.zip

The other file, openatv-7.0-zgemmah7-20221101_recovery_emmc.zip is recognised and the sat box updates. I then follow the instructions, enter webif and type root.

I copy and paste from the site opkg install http://wbuildx.co.uk/setup.ipk and get presented with the following error message just after it starts downloading, I then check the sat box. It has gone into a reboot loop with the blue screen of death, and the only way to get it back to the same stage (or get it working usually) is by using the recovery USB files.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

you need to flash the box with atv 6.4 if you want to use wooshbuild, it will not go on ATV 7 or above

The crash when initialising has been happening since mid 2018 though. If there had been any updates I would have thought that would have been sorted :unsure:
The ATV feeds will be up to date though (y)

the error in the ops screenshot is because ATV 7 no longer uses the boxbranding py module which wooshbuild (like grogbuild) must need. I know wooshbuild has had errors when initialising usb or something for years

The crash when initialising has been happening since mid 2018 though. If there had been any updates I would have thought that would have been sorted :unsure:
The ATV feeds will be up to date though (y)
Thought the crash related to initialising the usb?

World ends in January anyway according to intelligence so everyone will want to use Vix, you'll have to cancel any holidays/birthdays etc for next year

Thanks chaps, 6.4 worked ok, although the box is crashing each time i try to mount storage. As its been a couple of years since I have done anything with this box. Is there a new image, that is deemed the one to go for right now. I only use hotbird and astra 28, with the occasional iptv stream to.

Thanks, I downloaded to give a try. When I use webif and try to follow the instructions to start the process from the opening HDMI screen, it gives me an error saying no USB/HDD mounted. So I go through the menu to get the page where I can mount both the usb and hdd. Then run the command again, and it start, but once finished, the unit is still showing the build of openatv I installed (6.4)

Any suggestions?

Thanks, I downloaded to give a try. When I use webif and try to follow the instructions to start the process from the opening HDMI screen, it gives me an error saying no USB/HDD mounted. So I go through the menu to get the page where I can mount both the usb and hdd. Then run the command again, and it start, but once finished, the unit is still showing the build of openatv I installed (6.4)

Any suggestions?
Put the usb in the box and initialise it using the remote, menu, setup, system, storage device, then run the Grogbuild command line in openwebif and follow on screen instructions.

I've never needed to mount/unmount anything in order to flash by command line

Put the usb in the box and initialise it using the remote, menu, setup, system, storage device, then run the Grogbuild command line in openwebif and follow on screen instructions.

I've never needed to mount/unmount anything in order to flash by command line
That is what I did. I chose all the options correctly for my needs, but the last information it shows is the screenshot I provided.

Ive reinstalled openatv 6.4 multiple times, and tried the command from the opening screen as directed, but I get the no hd/usb mounted error each time.

That is what I did. I chose all the options correctly for my needs, but the last information it shows is the screenshot I provided.

Ive reinstalled openatv 6.4 multiple times, and tried the command from the opening screen as directed, but I get the no hd/usb mounted error each time.
The usb is not being recognised by the box
What make/size is it?
Asda have cheap SanDisk for about £8

Also, it may be trying to access the HDD rather than the usb, I'd initialise the HDD too if possible or remove it from the equation

Any suggestions?
do you see the box being flashed?

Try using putty instead of terminal in webif, I have a another script for something totally different and recently had people say it doesn't work in webif, using putty it works fine,

The usb is not being recognised by the box
What make/size is it?
Asda have cheap SanDisk for about £8

Also, it may be trying to access the HDD rather than the usb, I'd initialise the HDD too if possible or remove it from the equation

Its a 16GB Sandisk. I managed to get it to start downloading to the box at the opening HDMI page once a fresh openatv was installed, but still no joy by the end, with the same error messages.

Back