Whooshbuild Infinity on H2S Open ATV 6.5 - help needed

eccoboy

Hi all, bit of advice needed. My H2S with Open ATV 6.4 ended up with EPG issues, not updating IPTV etc. It then froze and would not load up past 51 so I did a fresh install of the latest Open ATV 6.5 which worked fine. I then did the Whooshbuild Infinity install but encountered problems and it stuck in a loop with a blue screen as below, however I don't know how to get to the log file whilst its stuck in the loop. Can anyone help or offer advice on how to install without encountering this problem?

I also got this when I logged onto the root to begin installing the Whooshbuild IPK too.....
1632421645785.png

Any help greatly appreciated, cheers BB

IMG_0612.jpg

+
Hi all, bit of advice needed. My H2S with Open ATV 6.4 ended up with EPG issues, not updating IPTV etc. It then froze and would not load up past 51 so I did a fresh install of the latest Open ATV 6.5 which worked fine. I then did the Whooshbuild Infinity install but encountered problems and it stuck in a loop with a blue screen as below, however I don't know how to get to the log file whilst its stuck in the loop. Can anyone help or offer advice on how to install without encountering this problem?

I also got this when I logged onto the root to begin installing the Whooshbuild IPK too.....
View attachment 65550

Any help greatly appreciated, cheers BB

View attachment 65549
the issue is probably the error in your first image, wooshbuild is not setup for ATV 6.5 yet as 6.5 is still just a beta release. It looks like Wooshbuild uses the boxbranding module to detect info about the box it's being installed on, atv 6.5 does not use that module so your stuck.

Flash the latest atv 6.4, the latest stable release and then wooshbuild should install trouble free.

have u got a usb set up n mounted correctly ?
I think that is what has created the problem in the first place to be honest Simon. I have now reflashed with 6.3 (struggled to get 6.4 to flash at all) but I always seem to encounter USB errors when moving on to install Whooshbuild Infinity and the epg for XE seems to end up pointing to the box rather than the USB stick - any help on this would be great pal.....cheers

+

the issue is probably the error in your first image, wooshbuild is not setup for ATV 6.5 yet as 6.5 is still just a beta release. It looks like Wooshbuild uses the boxbranding module to detect info about the box it's being installed on, atv 6.5 does not use that module so your stuck.

Flash the latest atv 6.4, the latest stable release and then wooshbuild should install trouble free.
Many thanks for that, that was a brilliant steer thanks - I ended up with 6.3 as couldn't get 6.4 to flash at all, even with the noforce bit being changed to force......

never tried that, what is it exactly and would XE operate on it ? Cheer for the reply too
Its an 8mage like wooshbuild bud but with grog free range it flashes open atv then installs his image and yes xtream editor would work with it as I use xe on grog free range

usb setup
menu,setup,system,storage devices
initialise
let it initialise
bk to tv
menu,info panel,plugins
swap manager
create
let it create n press 256 mb
n yellow 4 auto start,red to make active
exit into mount manager ,green setup n save on media/hdd ,box will reboot
Then send infinity script.when box comes back and asks to set usb up .press exit on remote .then check location in menu.setup.epg.settings .if its internal flash press right/left and it will go to media/hdd

never tried that, what is it exactly and would XE operate on it ? Cheer for the reply too
its just another build like wooshbuild but with slight differences, the setup is different as well, you answer a few questions, it flashes atv 6.4 and sets everything up. I've never used XE but it should work exactly same as on wooshbuild as they both use the same atv base image

Many thanks for that, that was a brilliant steer thanks - I ended up with 6.3 as couldn't get 6.4 to flash at all, even with the noforce bit being changed to force......
can you not flash from 6.3 to 6.4 by using the blue button,software manager,flash local/online image
make sure you use the metrix skin first.

manage to get it sorted bud ?
All is now well pal, thanks to everyone for their very kind help, I now have it working on 6.3 with Infinity and it's pointing to the right location in XE so I think (fingers crossed) that it looks to be fully functioning. I think it was the box being stuck in the error loop that threw me as I wasn't sure if I could just reflash at that point without wrecking the box. Thanks once again ;-)

I now have it working on 6.3
save yourself a lot of trouble & perform an online flash to ATV 6.4, 1st set your skin to a default skin (Matrix) once box reboots the gui go to flash online & you should have the options available to flash to a newer firmware, complete your own build or load a pre-build to finish it off, change the skin back to the one you want after restoring/installing all plugins

All is now well pal, thanks to everyone for their very kind help, I now have it working on 6.3 with Infinity and it's pointing to the right location in XE so I think (fingers crossed) that it looks to be fully functioning. I think it was the box being stuck in the error loop that threw me as I wasn't sure if I could just reflash at that point without wrecking the box. Thanks once again ;-)
Goodstuff gave up on xe abit ago like but glad your sorted

Back