Why buy the new Zgemma Star H.2.S ?

Hi Folks
First post here.

I am looking to replace a Openbox V8 and see the Zgemma twin satellite boxes are great value.
However why would I choose the shiny new box over the older one that is £15 quid cheaper. ( that could go towards a line) after my current one on the Open box runs out in a year, it's been fine for the last year.

The specs seem the same, I think they will both run the new great looking Sly V3 skin - so what do you good folks recommend - and why ?

Thanks

trucklord1

If you are talking about a 2S vs the H2S, for the £15 it is money well spent. Overall the difference is speed. The H2S has a faster processor and side by side you really can tell the difference. Installing plugins, opening the EPG, the ability to run picons without slowdown (I am sure some will disagree).

At the end of the day they both do exactly the same thing. Out of the box from zgemma.co.uk they are both running OpenATV 5.1 and there are pre-built images for both making it a simple 20 minute job to get your box up and running with the Slyk 1 HD skin with full pause/rewind and record features along with IPTV player for streaming movies and TV series.

Why would you want a older box for in the first place, you might as well buy the latest box you can. It should be more powerful. I'm sure the £15 extra will make life better in the long run. I went for it and it's good

Well, if the new one is quicker then that's great.
My main aim is to get it all set up without he missus knowing, wondering where i got the money from, and " it absolutely must look like Sly" - or I may as well give up now.
Thanks

I see they can record one channel whilst watching another, but can they record 2 channels at the same time if you aren't watching one?
like Sly plus does now ?

I have until 1pm to get one ordered, linking from this site.
Thanks

you wont regret it, the H2S is a cracking box for the money, use an image from this site with kiddac's slyk1HD skin & your onto a winner plus to save a few quid you could always transfer your line onto this box if your not going to be using the V8 anymore or use the section on this forum for line requests if you need a fresh line

Last edited:
I see they can record one channel whilst watching another, but can they record 2 channels at the same time if you aren't watching one?
like Sly plus does now ?

I have until 1pm to get one ordered, linking from this site.
Thanks
I am currently recording BBC1 and BBC2 and have a recorded thing playing so yes you can. Just to throw it in there and don't hold me to this or my terminology, if the channels come from the same "Transponder" you can actually watch a 3rd whilst recording 2. There is a thread somewhere which says about recording up to 7 channels at once.

Your misses will be impressed that you are saving money but has a really close to sky+ box. Chuck my H2S WooshBuild image on and you will be well away. Channel numbers the lot.

Yay, I have ordered the new Zgemma from the link on this site just now.
Now, how on earth do I get he code from MGCAM thingy code from my OPenbox v8 to my new one ?

h2s box is a great box and addition of micro sd card is handy, i use 4gb usb key for epg and 64gb sd for recording and it works pretty good

I recorded 2 programs last night and also watched rugby on sky1,
Wooshman- can I put your skin on my box?? I don't have the line code

I'm sure I have searches through this massive site till my remaining hair fell out, and I can't find a page for Satellite Line requests ( other than cable )
Anyone have a direct link to it please.
Thank You

any enigma box is far better then any open box skybox or v5

Zgemma box is a good starter box

very well supported and are forum sponser

so plenty of support

Hoorah - The excitement that the parcel man has sunk in and there is a small box sat under the telly with a mass of twisted wires all over the place from the CCTV, sky, android box, broadband and telly all clumped in a knot - will sort that later.

With a big grin I plugged it all in and pressed the power button, a lovely grey circle with what looks like an eye in the middle popped up and then buggered off again - no signal...eh?
No worries, check cables - unplug, start again.... same again!
Right try upstairs big telly. unplug V8, wire in and GO. Yep, same again - is it broke ?
Negotiate through teenage scumbag bedroom carefully navigating dirty pants and god knows what and unplug xbox and refit this bloody thing again ( losing interest and all excitement parcel man brought) now.

It works! - how excited to see in the settings it comes set up for 1080p ( which I don't have on the 2 big telly's cos I am poor ) 1080i is the best for me.
Also it says in the manual ( yes, I broke the golden rule and had to open the bloody thing - the shame I feel right now) that it should start a wizard when it's first turned on - absolutely no sign of one, nor Harry or that other old fat one with a beard that died.

So, wonder what gives - altered the output to poor dad with teenagers setting and plodded downstairs to have a gander what it says now before starting on the wooshman skin thingymabob, all before the missus comes home from the cinema watching Deadpool with 2 old blokes in their 60's.... don't ask.

SO there we have it, its on the telly downstairs. NO channels that I can see, no EPG list, and a confused look on my face.

Gonna be a long day I reckon.
Oh, and I still need to get a free trial sorted and accepted.
Wish me luck.

UPDATE: -OOOOOhhhhhhh, thats coming along nicely :-) :-)

Last edited:
Search for my bare bones setup in the stickies at top of 2 zgemma forum. It will guide you on your way. A bare bones box will show Germany channels from the off. Hence no picture. You have to set up a few things first

Back