Why did VPN not work?

I have connected to UK Donkey Town and am getting speeds around 30mbps.

So far BTSports running fine so I guess this weekend and next champions league games will be the test.

So I can just connect to a local fast server within the UK and that will stop ISP throttle if they are and will also stop any footy blocks put in place?

Yeah see what the speeds are like with a London server. If they are still poor try another VPN provider

I have connected to UK Donkey Town and am getting speeds around 30mbps.

So far BTSports running fine so I guess this weekend and next champions league games will be the test.

So I can just connect to a local fast server within the UK and that will stop ISP throttle if they are and will also stop any footy blocks put in place?

Yep exactly

Thanks for the help. Best results were donkey server. Will keep vpn active now and weekend and next week will be true test.

If.. it starts buffering and I check speeds it drops low again I assume that is VPN fault.. and if speed is fine then it is providers fault...??

Assuming I turn vpn off and "my" speeds are fine.

Yep, although if any buffering worth checking with the provider that they are ok for you to use a VPN. Some providers need to make changes on their side if using VPN. But if it’s fine now then you should be set

Ok thanks,

I actually purchased NordVPN yesterday for a 1 year but because I was getting low speeds (netherlands etc) I cancelled it. I will try and get the 3 day trial back to test a local server, and if speeds are fine then buy the 1 year package again.

I have HMA for another 2 weeks anyway.

In what sense? When you connect to a VPN server, it creates a tunnel. Depending on the connection method used, this tunnel will (nearly always) be encrypted. There are varying levels of encryption but they are all fairly robust and good enough for most users.

I’m not one myself but some people won’t do anything connected to the internet without it being through a VPN. Depends on your views of who you think may be watching I suppose:)

Your ISP records all your online activities for 12 months.

I believe the police have a way of checking what has been searched on the internet as well.
(This shouldnt effect our "hobby" it's the more serious criminals they will be targeting)

I suppose this is enough for people to use VPN's to stop big brother watching them.

Then the there is the EPL block to get round (if it effects you)

I use Nord and pick the closest server to me (UK server) I would recommend checking that the server you use regularly to see if speed has deteriorated. I've been using one server for months but recently switched to a slightly faster one (probably less users or a new server)

Or there's plenty of VPN providers around but test them all before purchasing or check the refund policy should you not be happy with a certain provider.

Thanks,

At the moment I have HideMyAss for 2 weeks left. I connected to the UK Donkey Town server and my speeds are near enough full. Hopefully the main football over the next 2-3 days will let me see if it makes the buffering stop. Assuming the provider I use which doesnt seem to "black-out" during big games means he isn't blocked so its just a case of if VPN keeps my speeds high enough to not buffer. Again I don't even know if I am getting thottled, I don't think I am, but this will overkill it if anything.

I also have 3 days left of NordVPN, but I noticed connecting to local servers on them gave mixed results and was a bit more techinical.

I will also need to give IPVanish a go as they seem to be very spoke of and 1 year with them is only £29.

During the big footy if I do start getting buffering from all 3 of my providers, and I am connecting to local servers via VPN, and the speeds have dropped dramastically, then does that mean its out of my hands and its the VPN that has been hit? (or all 3 providers)

During the big footy if I do start getting buffering from all 3 of my providers, and I am connecting to local servers via VPN, and the speeds have dropped dramastically, then does that mean its out of my hands and its the VPN that has been hit? (or all 3 providers)

You need to do internet speed test (with vpn) first to ascertain it is stable and adequately fast (while you are encountering buffering), before you can lay blame on an iptv provider.

Any semi decent vpn provider should be able to offer a UK vpn server that is more than fast enough for streaming iptv in UK.

Back