Why oil and filter change is needed

Nah im not having that, it looks like someone added a thickener for shits, giggles and likes.

Don't think the car would even turnover, looks like cars been eating Haribos.

Car engine seized due to burning smell and no lubrication as not surprised with that.

Good news miserable git will now how to buy a new vehicle costing more than an annual service.

Its fake mate is that 100% sure of it.

Im an industrial chemist and no friggin way that happen naturally.

Didn't bother with the filter on Peugeot for so many years and drove fine lol

Sadly rats got in somehow and chewed the damn cables and no more was the car :LOL: :LOL:

No! I top up once a year with about a pint of oil.I have experimented on 2 cars now over the last 25 years. Mondeo and Focus. No engine problems. Modern engines are brilliant ! Try it yourself and get back to me in 25 years time!

No! I top up once a year with about a pint of oil.I have experimented on 2 cars now over the last 25 years. Mondeo and Focus. No engines problems. Modern engines are brilliant ! Try it yourself and get back to me in 25 years time!
Nah ill pass mate thanks.

No way my oil is staying in beyond 6000 miles. Following that interval ive a 2008 210bhp diesil enigine with 267000 miles thats been in our family since new still sweet. It's had a new turbo though.

As an industrial chemist with a lab with all manner of testing equipment available to me i can tell you the spec of 6000 mile oil is not even close to the spec of the same oil out of the same container new. With this information even with longlife oil i would not run to the 10000/12000 mile services recommended. God knows what your oil would be like at 35000 miles.

Only tried on petrol cars ! It depends to what age you wan't to keep your car! Mine in twenty years old ! Perhaps you can keep a car longer with better care but 20 years plus is fine by me !

I counted 2k miles last year, it still got a oil/ filter replaced. Always looks pretty with a stamp on the service log.

My car would (would you buy a 20 year old car !) I think only be resold as scrap so service log means nothing to me

My point is that Garages are making lots of money for work that often may not be strictly necessary. They also make a massive profit on parts. Ford Focus Mark 1 speedo sender unit £68 in Ford dealership £9.99 inc p & p on ebay

Back