Wifi

carl87

Hi all due to moving home I cant get a wired connection to my box and had to buy a wifi dongle. I have plugged this in and it is not registering at all. I've downloaded all the available drivers and still no use. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction to buy a compatible wifi adaptor
Thanks

they use your electical sockets as a network, one plug plugs into a socket near your router and is connected to the router with a network cable, another homeplug plugs into a socket near your box and is connected to the box with the network cable.

It then acts similar to having a long network cable going from box to router, if a single network cable is not feasable then these are the next best thing

you need at least 2, so make sure you buy a pair, one for router and one for box, if you have more than one box you can then add more.

you need at least 2, so make sure you buy a pair, one for router and one for box, if you have more than one box you can then add more.
Just ordered a pair from argos. As I'm using a zgemma h2h will I be able to connect my sky aerial to this as a h2s is normally the box to use. I got this box because I had virgin at the old house

these have nothing to do with your tuners, these plug into the network port on the back of your box/router. your sky dish will plug into the back of your box in the normal way.

You can't use these to split your sat signal, it is just for network connections

these have nothing to do with your tuners, these plug into the network port on the back of your box/router. your sky dish will plug into the back of your box in the normal way.

You can't use these to split your sat signal, it is just for network connections
Yeah I know but I'm trying to set up the box av managed to sit the box in the middle of living room with a ethernet cable as temporary until I get these home plugs. The box is configured to virgin. I have the sky aerial in the lnb port at the back of the zgemma h2h scan channels finds about 95 and then when I go to autoboquets maker and scan it says failed to tune sky uk on tuner a

95 channels for cable doesn't sound a lot, should be around 400

Try pressing menu and selecting Setup -> Reception (or service searching) -> Manual scan

Set tuner to Tuner A and type of scan to complete to see if it finds anything.

You could repeat the process on Tuner B for cable as well.

95 channels for cable doesn't sound a lot, should be around 400

Try pressing menu and selecting Setup -> Reception (or service searching) -> Manual scan

Set tuner to Tuner A and type of scan to complete to see if it finds anything.

You could repeat the process on Tuner B for cable as well.
Only have sky dish now previously had cable. So I've got the sky aerial plugged into tuner a but auto bouquets maker wont work

ok have you disabled virgin in the autobouquetsmaker -> providers

how many channels does the manual scan above find on tuner A?

I have disabled the virgin uk and selected sky uk and set region to Tyne. I have somehow managed to get the wireless network working. All that is required now is sorting this autobouquets maker

Yeah runs a manual scan only finds around 83 channels on tuner a then trying to run auto bouquets maker just says failed to tune
check your cables, sat should find more than 83 channels so that would suggest a dish/lnb/cabling issue

I have disabled the virgin uk and selected sky uk and set region to Tyne. I have somehow managed to get the wireless network working. All that is required now is sorting this autobouquets maker
in the ABM is Freesat set to yes ? if so set it to NO
Sky UK to yes

try that

Back