Wii modding

I'll stick it in downloads wheelo what I used and yes it was fairly easy, comes with a video guide / Tut.

ive just done it HT, but how do i get a backup * ahem * to prove that it works?
thanks again

I have found a relatively easy explanation of the softmodding process, it is here, just one question, does this mod stop me from using my normal discs, or do i just go into a wii mod channel and choose my backup copy of a game?
thanks

just reading thro this thread. My wii is modded and i have the USB loader. Games can be played direct from the disk or the loader. I put all my disks on the loader for backup. Never need to use the disks again :)
However when new games come out you need to know how to update your wii safely so you dont loose any info. I have been told that there is also a newer updated loader out there but got to wait for my friend to "sort it" for me without loosing anything. The homebrew channel is used for adding/delting games etc and even stores the images of the games you have on your loader

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

When you get the rent it FREE trials they are always good for erm............. looking to see if you like games - which we do :) then one we have tried it *wink wink we send the game back
Love my beloved External HD its only 160GB but is big enuf for now. good thing is when it backups up my games it only back up the game not all the padding that goes with it on the disk lol! Games take less than 10 mins to "save" depending on the game

hi linny40
did you have to partition the hd or are are you using it in its entirety,i have been reading up on it,i have softmoded already and cough played a backup of mine,i was interested in putting them all on a hd

remember sinno, as handy as it sounds by playing everything from the hd, if anything happens too it their all gone! might be a good safe bet to put your back ups onto discs too, as far as i know you can use any type dvd for wii back ups

i have added the latest homebrew channel, and i am now trying to add the usb loader, HT pushed me in the right direction and i have the downloaded files but i cant get the homebrew channel to recognise that there is a file on the sd card, any ideas?

Hi wheelo
cant remember exactly but arent you to use the wad manager,i will pm you what i used(y)

Thanks sinno, I got your pm and as soon as i read that tutorial and get to doing it, I will post here to tell you how you I got on.

thanks everyone for your help
Wheelo

okay guys and thanks for all your help so far..

I have managed to load the home brew channel.

I then managed to load the usb loader ( thanks HT, took a bit of work but it's now done)

I then managed to back up a game to the usb stick and played it to make sure it works, it does.

i then tried to attach the usb stick to the laptop, to create an additional backup and maybe make a hard disc(DVD) backup, but the computer tells me that the usb memory stick is not formatted and would i like to do it now. if i do i will lose all info on it?
any solutions guys, you have been such a help so far.

thanks
Wheelo

Wheelo do you have wbfs manager installed on the laptop,if not you will get the message about formatting(y)

no sinno, what is it and where do i get it???

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

no sinno, what is it and where do i get it???

I take that back sinno, I just googled it and installed it, problem solved, i can now read whats on the usb stick. now when i extract the file and store it in my documents or wherever, do i just write this file to DVD and then it works?
thanks again sinno.
:take bow: :attention: (y)

im assuming its an ios rar file,i have image burn on my comp,when you click on the file it should give you the option to burn with image burn(y)

when i save it to the laptop it says it is an iso image file...is this right?

sinno, thanks for all your help, so far.....you are going to be sorry that you know anything about wii. i burned the backup to a DVD-R, i put it in and the disc channel says cant recognise disc, and when i go into the homebrew channel there is nothing there that says it sees a disc. i know its probably simple, but how do i launch a backup disc from the homebrew channel?

in that pm i sent you there is an uber mod,that has neo gamma in it with some other little gems to help you with some difficult cough backups
you wont be able to launch a back up without them,neo gamma has launched newer backups for me

Last edited:
Back