Cable will a seagate expansion 2TB desktop usb 3.0 hard drive work on Zgemma-star H1

Fusion

TK Veteran
will a seagate expansion 2TB desktop usb 3.0 hard drive work on Zgemma-star H1

or what one will work i need 1TB or 2TB ?

Code:
     Type 	External
Capacity 	2 TB
Power supply 	Mains

Code:
         http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/data-storage/desktop-external-hard-drives/seagate-expansion-external-hard-drive-2tb-black-16787143-pdt.html#srcid=11026

Yes mate - it will work just fine, I have a Toshiba 2Tb mains poowered USB3 drive and its running nicely with my Zgemma :)

Should just plug and play, however if you only plan to use it on your Zgemma it's probably worth initialising (formatting) and then converting to Ext4 as it's more efficient than the windows formats (can handle an individual file size up to 16TB and is less likely to need de-fragmentation due to the way files are pre-allocated contiguous space). You may need to change default save paths for epg, movies etc depending on what the drive is mounted as.

For Vix.
When u get the drive pop it into pc.
do a quick format. Ntfs is fine.
turn box off.
insert and turn on hdd.
turn on box.
menu
Setup
system
storage devices
initialise
select the hdd
red button to initialise
menu
setup
vix
swap manager
blue to create.
select drive.
256mb. Wait
yellow to autostart
Green to activate
exit all
reboot.

Then check epg/rrecord/ttimeshift/ccrossepg/picon and ur plugins download paths are all set to ur /hdd.

If u use front usb for watching dl films etc I have found its a good idea to remove before rebooting so paths dont change.

---------- Post Merged at 11:53 PM ----------

On a sidenote, im impressed with what the hdd and these boxs can do.....
record 2 programs and timeshift a third (only certain channels) while watching earlier in timeshift....... really quite impressive :)

Last edited:
edit
wow thanks sucmnsee fot the info m8 :) you the man
works awesome love this lil box

Last edited:
Back