Will the same line work on two boxes?

Bigrussuk

Hey all

...just thinking aloud.. I bought a box inc installation with 'line'.... My dad might be fancying one too....if he bought a box and I restored my backup on to it would it work at his house?....would different 'ip's be a problem? I'm quite sure this is a very silly question lol

Cheers

Russ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
dont expect yours to last long as boxes with gifts are short lived,usually bought on ebay and buyer leaves good feedback-wrong idea as when it goes down you cant complain.

Your supplier would eventually spot that the same line is being used from two different IPs and lock you out. Then again, as cactikid says, you shouldn't expect it to last as long as promised anyway. You can get a proper line by asking in the sticky topic in the satellite section.

I got it off a local guy....not just off eBay ...he's guaranteed it for 12 months...and I know where he lives [emoji6]....it's the chance you take where ever you get them from I suppose....nobody can gaurentee how long these lines will work

Your supplier would eventually spot that the same line is being used from two different IPs and lock you out. Then again, as cactikid says, you shouldn't expect it to last as long as promised anyway. You can get a proper line by asking in the sticky topic in the satellite section.

A 'proper' line ? ....surely none of these lines are ligit?

no there not but operating a service the server might know of a double login.

Ahh ok cheers pal....just a thought....he can buy his own lol

Re the line.... I paid the guy £40 for a years sub....my sky sub was £80 a MONTH... Plus a tenner a month to BT for HD sport....I've had it 5 weeks...it's paid for itself twice fold already....next month the box will be paid for too! Total no-brainer...but i agreed there is risk [emoji106]

Your line will only work on 1 ip address at a time if you log in on both 1 box will be blocked out or the will be both intermittent, and the supplier will block the line completely and you wont get anything. If I was you I'd just buy a new line for your dad

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Your line will only work on 1 ip address at a time if you log in on both 1 box will be blocked out or the will be both intermittent, and the supplier will block the line completely and you wont get anything. If I was you I'd just buy a new line for your dad

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I agree cheers[emoji106]

Back