WilloBuild

1566336393702-176187029.jpg

This is what i have now after deleting timeshift lol, shall i just run a back up ? Or maybe reformat stick with bootice and initialise/mount again, Do you think that would sort it ?

Last edited:
I thought the timeshift folder was in the movie folder?
You need to enable timeshift to create the folder on the root of the hdd.

This is what i have now after deleting timeshift lol, shall i just run a back up ? Or maybe reformat stick with bootice and initialise/mount again, Do you think that would sort it ?

I'm not really sure what you're trying to sort? Is something not working?
I've got all sorts of stuff on my hdd:

1566339788884.png

The folders will get created when you enable timeshift, download picons, make image and settings backups etc.

Ahh i think i have something like that on my openvix image in my files list and not remembering it before as used possibly used Willobuild,if there is nothing in those folders can they be deleted off hdd?.+ some directories have a number of saved recordings and better not delete them until viewed?

I'm not really sure what you're trying to sort? Is something not working?
I've got all sorts of stuff on my hdd:

View attachment 41406

The folders will get created when you enable timeshift, download picons, make image and settings backups etc.
It`s just when i select file list/planner. i used to just have directory and trashcan, not whats in the pics mate ?

2 different boxes with hdd listings.
Yeah it`s a strange one mate, when i used to press file list to see my recordings all what used to be in there was directory for recorded stuff and trashcan ? Would you suggest me reformatting pen drive and initializing again ?

With me it changed the structure on hdd so i dont think reformatting pen drive will achieve anything.
Ok thanks. i just wish i could get it like your second pic, ` no directories` That`s how it used to be :smiley: Anyways, tapping out for now so g`nite guys (y)

well, box has bricked ! constant red light. nothing but trouble with this since i un boxed it. Just gonna order a h92s. Not too bothered with the money i`ve saved over the years lol. If anyone want to have a look at this one to see if it`s fixable i don`t mind paying, then i`ll keep it as a spare. Also if anyone can recommend a decent pen drive, around 64 gig. i`m gonna start from scratch, new everything lol. will i be ok to flash again with Willobuild with a new memory pen which hasn`t been initialized ?

As mentioned check powerlead if wanting willobuild follow his guide exactly mate and you will get it reflashed I would say send it my way to sort out for you but I'm not in a cabled area but can gladly reflash it for you or if wanting rid of box put it on items for sale on forum SanDisk is usually really good for zgemma or just get a 1tb hdd or 500 gig one

As mentioned check powerlead if wanting willobuild follow his guide exactly mate and you will get it reflashed I would say send it my way to sort out for you but I'm not in a cabled area but can gladly reflash it for you or if wanting rid of box put it on items for sale on forum SanDisk is usually really good for zgemma or just get a 1tb hdd or 500 gig one
When i was trying to reflash it earlier Baz, box didn`t even have an internet connection so no chance lol. It`s not cable mate, satellite. If i`m honest i thing they have sold me a duffer here, i had my old h2s for nearly 3 years before it died and i never had no trouble with that box, i could reflash it and have it up and running in minutes. This one wouldn`t flash from the get go, tried my usual first, grogs, then woosh, no good. tried putting oatv 6.3 back on. nope. willo`s was the only image i could get on and after a few hiccups it was great, got up this morning to a red light and the rest is history. Hope i have better luck with h92s lol

Format the flash drive with this http://www.willobuild.net/files/Utilities/Preparing Flash Drives.zip

Extract any image to the flash drive and usb flash as normal.

When the box reboots follow the build instructions.

Might be worth formatting your storage drive to ext4 on your PC before you start with this:

http://www.willobuild.net/files/Utilities/Formatting Drives.zip
Thanks Willo, will try that now

It takes a while on a PC, depends on what size storage you've got. You have pressed the 'APPLY' button on the top row?
No :ROFLMAO: Ok all done, i`ll put your build on now mate and try it in box. Am i correct in thinking that i just need a power supply to box to send image over, and doesn`t need to be connected to TV yet ? i ask that because atm we are using old freesat box :)

Hmm power supply and lan to use webif to have control but would need a tv signal like hdmi scart etc to see your ip.
BOX AND TV POWERED OFF FIRST,too many sods blowing ports lol.

Ok guys, before i log off, I`ll have another go at this box Tomorrow but if i get no joy i`ll stick it to one side and wait for new one to turn up. Question is - when new box is connected up before i flash it, most images say it must have a drive in, initialised and mounted, how can i do that before flash ? In the past i have just put a formatted stick in and set it up after the flash.

Back