WILLOWBUILD

didenno

Can i install willowbuild on my VU+ solo2

I have had it a few years now and always had openatv and wooshbuild intalled, but as wooshbuild no longer updates i wanted to try willowbuild.
I have flashed the lates openvix onto my box and i am ready to try willowbuild, but i need to know it is compatible with my box

I have tried installing the above via putty and stuck withe the following error

ERROR: wrong multiboit partition value. Only values between 0 and 9 are allowed!
Usage: ofgwrite <parameter> <image_directory>

There's no multiboot option on Vu+ boxes. I can't remember the last time I flashed one :unsure: try 1 or 0 if that doesn't work.

I have now got willobuild running on my VU+ Solo2 box and also installed my IPTV Script and it is running perfectly.
Looks brilliant, so a big thank you for the help received and for all involved in the creation of Willobuild

The issue i had was resolved via entering 1

By the way, typing error was made when i put a second W in willobuild. Sorry about that

I have now got willobuild running on my VU+ Solo2 box and also installed my IPTV Script and it is running perfectly.
Looks brilliant, so a big thank you for the help received and for all involved in the creation of Willobuild

The issue i had was resolved via entering 1

By the way, typing error was made when i put a second W in willobuild. Sorry about that
hi mate, how did u get your IPTV to run? I am abit stucked.

After installing and setting my Vu+ Solo2 box perfectly with Willobuild, i have encountered a minor issue.
I have setup the epg to update at 04:00 and my IPTV EPG TO 02:00.
The issue is every morning the box has gone into standby mode after it has done the epg updates and when i switch it on, it is never on the channel i left it on. It is always on the bouquets list.

I only ever switch my tv off not my box.
Is there anyway i can fix this small issue

The box automatically updates my stuff at 05:17 every morning and then reboots and goes into standby.

If I were more clever I would have made this configurable by a plugin ..... but I'm not :cry:

From live TV press MENU > TIMERS and then press BLUE and highlight Cron Timers then press YELLOW then GREEN.
This will unhide the cron timer section of the menu.

You can then go into Cron Timers and delete the Willobuild Updater entry with the red button.
You will have to use the Willobuild Updater plugin if you notice something awry in future.

I'm pretty sure that EPG's aren't updated until at least 6am anyway so perhaps better to do updates after 7am.

I use the OpenTV EPG downloader to download satellite EPG so the box is probably switching to the IEPG data1 channel to update.

Technically the box is starting up on the last channel used because it's used the sky epg channel to update last.

You can set the box to start up on a specific channel by opening the channel list (down button)
Highlight the channel you want to start up with and press MENU > USE AS STARTUP SERVICE > ALSO ON STANDY.

Pressing '0' (panic button) should also change channel to the first one in the bouquet.

Thank you willo, i will try now.
Yes every morning it says IEPG data1 etc on display panel of box after i take it off standby

Back