Windows 10 Windows 10 Problem - HELP

lucky15

Fellas,

I have an acer aspire laptop that came with win7 but i updated to win 10.
Things seemed to be okay. last Thursday and again in Friday the laptop froze and a screen appeared saying your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart the blue screen one.
After a restart all I get is a spinning thing and it wont budge.
I have taken the HD out of the laptop and joined it as a 2nd drive to my desktop via sata cable.
Whats the best file recovery software to use to retrieve some files from it eg word and excel files OR is there any software which i could run to fix the hard drive?
Cheers for any help.

Unplug the power lead and take out the battery,Put battery back in and power lead then turn back on and should clear it

can u get into safe mode by pressing f11 then run startup repair or msdos promt and run chkdsk /f command

Nope matey can#t do anything, thats why i took the hd out and joined it up to the desktop. Have tried one software program but its only an trial version and the files all seemed f*cked.

Nope matey can#t do anything, thats why i took the hd out and joined it up to the desktop. Have tried one software program but its only an trial version and the files all seemed f*cked.

do u not have a win 10 startup disk

no mate, as i said in my original post my laptop came with windows 7 and from that i updated to windows 10.
no start up discs or windows 10 discs.
i would have thought there must be some recovery software that could read the files on the hd?

I've used Recuva from Pirisoft years ago, it's about the best you'll get without spending a fortune on professional data recovery services

Thanks mate will give it a look.
I had just done loads of work on some excel spreadsheets and a few word documents that would take me forever to try and replicate.
There must be a simple way to recover these files.

I've used Recuva from Pirisoft years ago, it's about the best you'll get without spending a fortune on professional data recovery services
Thanks again for your advice. I downloaded the program and installed it on my desktop.
I had my laptop hd plugged into the desktop and let the program do its stuff.
It did find quite a few files so a big thank you but one I really wanted wasn't there :-( does this mean trying to find it with a Ubuntu disc would be a waste of time?

I've never used Ubuntu so I've no idea, it must be worth a try.
I've only used Recuva once years ago.
I vaguely remember choosing file types eg: jpeg or txt files
If it's available, search by file extension

I've never used Ubuntu so I've no idea, it must be worth a try.
I've only used Recuva once years ago.
I vaguely remember choosing file types eg: jpeg or txt files
If it's available, search by file extension
Yeah I did a search of everything and the list of found files was massive. You can then choose from documents, pictures, music, videos etc
I looked in documents and found a few files i needed.

Back