Windows 10 Windows 10 problem

Paulie57

Guys my brother upgraded free windows 10 , but every time the computor now updates it gets an error message pc ran into problem needs to restart ( kenel auto boost lock aquasition with raised irql ) after the error message it tries restart again with same message have tried a few things as in troubleshoot and restore but nothing works , but if he turns off the computer for a day or two it starts up ok , the problem only happens after it updates , thanks in advance guys for any input

Cheers blackwidow for the info ., will have to wait to try any tips , the last time this happened had to wait a day for it to start up , Can't seem to figure out what's causing it to error message after updating , thanks again for the info

Another way you can upgrade is to download the windows 10 ISO and burn it to a disc then do a fresh install via disc when it comes to enter the Key, enter the windows 8/7 key and see if it will accept it, if not leave the key section blank, finish the install to get a fresh install of windows 10 on to your PC and then with a full connection to the net activate windows 10 it should work as it will connect to MS and then validate the key as upgradable

Blackwidow found this video on youtube , reckons the problem comes from out of date drivers , have updated the drivers now, but I won't know if it works or not until the computer goes to auto update again , if it works great will post asap on results , for any one with the same problem , well do as you say I do need to have a back , just wondering I got no disc when I bought the computer , is it possible that windows 8 is still on the computer , just curious, and if so would I be able to revert back to it
Thanks again for your help and patience, not much good with computer's
Cheers m8 .......

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&sour...ahjXYuqB_1qR67aOA&sig2=t_Je5hLC9hsD7vNsGN9_Rw

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

Yes Win8 should still be on the PC, a folder called windows.old, this will contain your previous windows installation.

On the page I posted before someone put it down to outdated drivers, you should always keep your drivers upto date and IOBit Driver Update program is a good one, its free though will nag to update to Pro but worth using. I know when I first upgraded to Win10 from Win8 it upgraded my network driver and I lost net connection until I reverted it back that stopped when I did a fresh install of Win10 via disc

Cheers blackwidow good to know I can revert back if needed if the driver update works after new updates I'll be more than happy, will check out the iobit prog , and will have to make a disc of win 10 , thanks again for the help , will post again after updates fingers crossed ...
Cheers m8 .........

You can make a Windows 10 disc using the tool given by Microsoft, it will also allow you to make a bootable USB if you want that too, just remember to access your BIOS and make either your DVD or USB drive the first bootable device and you should be ok

Cheers blackwidow thanks again for the tech info, will have to make a bootable usb asap , do I need a certain size usb or will any one do ...
Cheers .....

Back