Windows 7 windows 7 on old computer

aldan

VIP Member
so i partitioned my hard drive and dual booted win xp and win 7.win 7 installed like a dream and runs a little faster than xp on my old celeron d. 2.8ghz intel celeron d processor.1gb sdram pc3200.my office 2000 premium and office outlook even work.i did have to install ms office 2007 compatibility pack.the only thing that doesnt work great is firefox.the latest version is pretty buggy.it wont play videos properly.so i am back to ie.ie 9,however is certainly a step up from previous versions.its definitely made for win 7.so if anyone had any doubts about using win 7 on an older machine,i hope this puts some of them to rest. just thought id share these thoughts.Al.

As sinno said, try updating those 2 items. I am running Win 7 and the latest version of FF and have not had any issues with video playback.

running the latest shockwave.my video card is old.radeon 9600 pro.funny it works great with ie9 but not firefox.i still want firefox back so a little more research is in order.gotta say i do like win 7 tho.

got my firefox back running smoothly.i guess if in doubt uninstall and reinstall.lol.think i will throw another gig of ram at this thing too.Al.

Back